About the Course
Our workshop teaches you the basic skills of candle-making where you will create container candles including natural and fragranced; a fragranced candle in a teacup, all made from 100% natural soy wax; and a rolled Beeswax candle.
Our Candle-making Workshops are suitable for beginners or people just starting out and wanting to learn more, and to ensure individual attention we keep our groups small and aim for around 4 people in each workshop.
You will learn about:
- the basic rules of looking after yourself – the health & safety bit!
- the different types of wax used in candle-making
- the equipment needed for candle-making
- wick types and how to burn a candle correctly
- the differences between essential and fragrance oils
- how to measure the correct amount of wax, fragrance and dye
- the step by step process of making a container candle
- how to assemble and hand pour your container candles
- current legislation on candle labelling
- potential supplies
At the end of the workshop you will leave with your personally handcrafted candles and even the confidence to create your own candles at home with one of our inexpensive kits available at the end of the workshop. So why not treat yourself or a friend (or both!) to a great morning out and learn a new skill?
The venue is Heath End Village Hall in Tadley only 8 miles from Basingstoke.
We start at 10.30am and finish around 1pm and most importantly we provide tea, coffee and biscuits!
To book your place and pay by Credit or Debit Card, please contact us using the 'Contact' button above.
We look forward to meeting you all.
Any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.
If booking with a CraftCourses voucher for part or all of the course fee, please fill in the contact form above. Your voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
- 1 x 4 oz Natural Soya Wax container candle
- 2 x 4oz Fragranced Soya Wax container candle
- 1x Teacup Fragranced Soya Wax candle
- 1 x Beeswax Candle
- Use of tools and equipment
- All materials
- Most importantly, tea, coffee and biscuits!
25th January 2020 activity as above
8th February 2020 will be a Valentines themed Workshop - all abilities
21st March will be a Spring Easter themed Workshop - all abilities
18th April 2020 activity TBC