A premium quality botanical inspired print kit with everything you need to create a magical snapshot of nature. Suitable for a complete beginner or somebody who tried this relaxing arts activity in the past and wants to revisit!
You can use this kit to make your own prints - or you can gift it to somebody! This kit makes a great Mothers day & Mothering Sunday Gift. Please add a comment if this is a gift and should be full gift wrapped with no clue until opened what this item is - happy to hand write personal gift messages.
My kits are put together by myself & 2 local artist friends. Together in my art studio, we unpack deliveries, check everything is clean & working, carefully wrap & package - stamping by hand as we go. I am keen to keep a 'handmade' feel to my kits, the same as with my artwork & workshops. The great thing about lino printing is that you can learn at your own pace - make it as easy or difficult as you like. Such a beautiful process made popular by Matisse & Picasso due to its simplicity. Please visit my video channel to meet me in person & check out the free tutorial videos.
Inks are UK brand ESSDEE I measure out from tubes into tins with screw lid to prevent drying out. You will have plenty ink to complete 10 card prints or 20 postcard size and lots more.
WHY BUY ME......
- You are buying from an Artist - you are supporting the arts industry not a huge company
- Printing block Inks and lino cutting tool/blades are UK manufactured by brand ESSDEE.
- You get personal service! Each individual sticker I stamp by hand - attention to detail.
- Unlike other kits I include everything you need so no looking for anything you didn't know you needed!
- The choice of colours cannot be found anywhere! Unlike kits which include a large tube of a single colour, here you can try out 4 or more. In this botanical kit I have hand selected and mixed these colours specifically myself they cannot be found anywhere else.
- Unlike other kits, this one comes packaged like a gift with care. Why not gift this to yourself.
1) inking tray washable in soapy water with space to roll out 1 or 2 colours. Need more space you can use any flat non porous surface (glass from picture frame, ceramic tile, plastic chopping board, PVC, metal)
2) roller (brayer) 6cm rubber specifically for lino print can use with other crafts - softer & perfect for beginners.
3) lino piece grey - reversible 20x15cm (A5) - so you can do a different design on each side! Draw with pencil directly onto lino or transfer a design using tracing paper (provided)
4) lino cut tool handle - comfortable shape with 5 profile shape blades UK manufactured - brand ESSDEE.
5) EXERCISE sheet (see photo) for a mark making exercise with a FREE Youtube video demonstration
6) artist palette knife to help you get inks from tins and mix together if you choose to.
7) pack of 4 sheets A5 size handmade Nepalese LOKTA paper.
8) tracing paper to transfer a design from paper to lino using pencil
9) Step by step written guide - full instructions with handy tips!! or alternative is to watch my videos....
10) 30ml ink - Pink Clay - a pale warm earthy dusky & chalk like pink.
11) 30ml ink - Vintage Teal - rich and velvety
12) 30ml ink - Burnt Sienna - a terracotta on the more brown side
13) 30ml ink - Minty green - like spearmint!
14) templates - Botanical stamp shapes with an A6 composition design - or come up with your own ideas! Sometimes coming up with an idea is the hardest part, here you can copy, allowing you to focus on technique until you get familiar.
15) Set 4 metal bulldog clips to hang your prints either while drying or as home decoration
This kit provides everything you need to get started - just a few extras to find at home. (access to a sink, rags, scrap paper, scissors...)
This craft course provider has been awarded Gold status for receiving 10 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.
45 items available
This was a present and she was thrilled with it. Lots of communication and help from the seller, definitely would buy again. Beautiful packaging too.
Beautiful packaging received promptly.
Excellent, clear instructions
Will highly recommend
So enjoying using the really comprehensive kit
Superb kit for two. Really nice set of tools, limo, paper, cards and ink. Some clear instructions are included and along with the videos are really informative.
I was delighted with this lino kit and I ordered extra colours too. Catherine responded straight away to my order request and it was quickly despatched and beautifuly packaged.
If times change I would happily stay in Liverpool (I live in Surrey) a few days to attend one of her face to face sessions.
Catherine is an excellent person to interact with !! ****************
This kit is just what I wanted. The materials and tools are of good quality and the instructions are easy to understand and follow. The clear explanations and guidelines and tips make for a positive and encouraging result to make you want to do more. Additionally, the set came beautifully wrapped and without 'over the top packaging' which is very important to me. I would recommend this product and in one word it is 'excellent'! Thank you
Loved the packaging . Saw the YouTube tutorials and I am very pleased with all the materials sent by Catherine.
Even tried on a Lino sheet and I think I’m getting addicted to it. Just stripping off each layer of the Lino sheet has been so therapeutic for me ... love love it .
Thank you Catherine
I can't quite go to excellent as I have not used the kit yet, but..... It arrived beautifully packaged and with everything included.
I am looking forward to using it on the next rainy day and as I want to use my own design - when I have decided which it will be.
I love this kit, its something to keep my husband and I entertained through lockdown and we're very much looking forward to trying it.
The seller was super helpful and it arrived quickly. She also put in a bit extra for us as we are doing it as a pair which was unexpected but very gratefully received.
Would 100% use this seller again for any other kits that take our fancy.