A premium quality botanical inspired print kit with everything you need to create a magical snapshot of nature.
As an Artist myself I use these items in my own Printwork – I’m Catherine an Artist based in Liverpool UK. I also teach in person workshops all year round across the UK showing different lino print techniques. (pre Covid...) Trust me……I tried all the rollers, all the inks, all the cutters…..I put together this kit along with written step by step instructions, design templates and a series of video tutorials which range from very basic to more advanced techniques accessible FREE online.
Please check out my Craftcourses.com profile for my full range of kits available in the online shop - across printing and other creative activities - including my face/face workshops which I have planned for Summer 2021 in small groups of 5 students.
This kit makes a great gift and comes in a sturdy kraft box with tissue gift wrapped items. Happy to hand write personal gift messages. The box is wrapped in a colourful and botanical printed paper band & sticker - see photos.
Inks are a UK brand ESSDEE. I measure out from tubes into tins with screw lid to prevent drying out. You will have plenty ink to complete 10 card prints or 20 postcard size and lots more. These are water based, you can mix them. Store upright - expiry similar to household emulsion paint - if stored correctly.
Please note outer printed paper may vary due to availability - always its on a botanical theme.
WHY BUY ME......
- You are buying from an Artist - you are supporting the arts industry not a huge company - I am a 1 person business.
- Printing block Inks and lino cutting tool/blades are UK manufactured by brand ESSDEE.
- You get personal service! Each individual sticker I stamp by hand - attention to detail.
- Unlike other kits, I include everything you need so no looking for anything you didn't know you needed! (you should have scrap paper, scissors, sink ...)
- My online FREE videos show you how to use exactly this kit & are super easy for different skill levels. Kids age 10 upwards due to sharp tools.
- The choice of colours cannot be found anywhere! Unlike kits which include a large tube of a single colour, here you can try out 4 or more. In this botanical kit I have hand selected and mixed these colours specifically they cannot be found anywhere else.
- Unlike other kits, this one comes packaged like a gift with care. Why not gift this to yourself.
KIT includes 14 items:
1) inking & rolling mat - flexible & washable in soapy water with space to roll out 1 or 2 colours. Need more space you can use any flat non porous surface (glass from picture frame, plastic chopping board, PVC, metal)
2) roller (brayer) 6cm rubber specifically for lino print can use with other crafts - softer & perfect for beginners.
3) lino piece grey - reversible 20x15cm (A5) - so you can do a different design on each side! Draw with pencil directly onto lino or transfer a design using tracing paper (provided)
4) lino cut tool handle - comfortable shape with 5 profile shape blades UK manufactured - brand ESSDEE.
5) EXERCISE sheet (see photo) for a mark making exercise with a FREE Youtube video demonstration (instructions)
6) artist palette knife (spatula) to help you get inks from tins and mix together if you choose to.
7) pack of 4 sheets A5 sheets handmade Nepalese LOKTA paper.
8) tracing paper to transfer a design from paper to lino using pencil
9) Step by step written guide - full instructions with handy tips!! or alternative is to watch my videos....
10) 30ml ink - Pink Clay - a pale warm earthy dusky & chalk like pink.
11) 30ml ink - Jungle Teal - on the blue side similar to a kingfisher colour
12) 30ml ink - Burnt Sienna - a terracotta on the more brown side
13) 30ml ink - Minty green - like spearmint!
14) templates - Botanical stamp shapes and an A6 composition design - or come up with your own ideas!
This kit provides everything you need to get started - just a few extras to find at home. (access to a sink, rags, scrap paper, scissors...)
This craft course provider has been awarded Gold status for receiving 10 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.
4 items available
I was delighted with this lino kit and I ordered extra colours too. Catherine responded straight away to my order request and it was quickly despatched and beautifuly packaged.
If times change I would happily stay in Liverpool (I live in Surrey) a few days to attend one of her face to face sessions.
Catherine is an excellent person to interact with !! ****************
I spent a fabulous day with Catherine learning to cut Lino. I would thoroughly recommend this course if you wish to learn this wonderful skill at a pace that suits you.
This kit is just what I wanted. The materials and tools are of good quality and the instructions are easy to understand and follow. The clear explanations and guidelines and tips make for a positive and encouraging result to make you want to do more. Additionally, the set came beautifully wrapped and without 'over the top packaging' which is very important to me. I would recommend this product and in one word it is 'excellent'! Thank you
Loved the packaging . Saw the YouTube tutorials and I am very pleased with all the materials sent by Catherine.
Even tried on a Lino sheet and I think I’m getting addicted to it. Just stripping off each layer of the Lino sheet has been so therapeutic for me ... love love it .
Thank you Catherine
I can't quite go to excellent as I have not used the kit yet, but..... It arrived beautifully packaged and with everything included.
I am looking forward to using it on the next rainy day and as I want to use my own design - when I have decided which it will be.
I love this kit, its something to keep my husband and I entertained through lockdown and we're very much looking forward to trying it.
The seller was super helpful and it arrived quickly. She also put in a bit extra for us as we are doing it as a pair which was unexpected but very gratefully received.
Would 100% use this seller again for any other kits that take our fancy.
What a fabulous afternoon spent with Catherine on her lino cut course at Chemist & Co. The venue is great, with loads of space to spread out, and Catherine is a great teacher. She came armed with loads of inspiration for our lino cut cards, and loads of fab colours for the printing. I love my cards and will be sneding them out with pride. Thank you Catherine.