About the Course
You will use Sculptin’ – a fabric hardener to create a work of art from a glass jar, and a variety of embellishments.
Once created, painted and fully cured (further 3 weeks at home), you can site your fairy house outdoors as it is weatherproof.
Sculptin’ is environmentally friendly and non-toxic
What’s the age range?
We run both family friendly and adults only workshops.
What level of skill do I need to have?
This workshop is suitable for complete beginners, so no previous experience necessary.
The workshop will be held in Postbridge Village Hall, Dartmoor. A stunning location, and village.
Should you wish to travel and stay over night, and make the most of the area, there is a wide range of accommodation near by.
If you would like to book as a group, you can either book the relevant amount of spaces, or contact us directly to choose a day and time that suits you.
If booking with a CraftCourses voucher for part or all of the course fee, please fill in the contact form above. Your voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
– Nici will explain the materials used, guide you through the process, and be on hand to help.
– All materials for the workshop will be provided, though if you do have an unusual shaped jar you would like to use, please bring it along – but please make sure it’s around the standard size of jar or we won’t be able to accommodate. If you are unsure if the size/shape will work, just contact us before hand.
– Further supplies and kits will be available to purchase on the day (or via the website), should you wish to create at home.
– Tea, Coffee and biscuits will be provided. If you have specific dietary needs, please feel free to bring along your own.
– We will provide aprons and gloves, but as we are using fabric hardener please wear old clothes in case of splashes.
Great workshop and you come home with something you made entirely yourself!
Nici tells you what you need to know and lets you spend the workshop being as creative as you feel, as well as giving some creative tips that you can take home.
Lovely atmosphere and a fun afternoon whether with friends or family or out on your own.
Kelly - - #23335
Response from Goblin Dreams:Thanks Kelly, glad you enjoyed yourself x
I never thought I was very creative but really fancied having a go. Nici was great and so patient with me. I have made an awesome little fairy house and I am so chuffed with it. Whatever your skill level I would highly recommend this course.
Karen - - #23333
Response from Goblin Dreams:Thanks for your kind words Karen, Glad you enjoyed it :) x
Fantastic workshop, clear instructions in a fun and relaxed environment and produced a great item. Good to do something different, would highly recommend.
Sam - - #23331
Response from Goblin Dreams:Thanks Sam, was great to see you create :)
Course dates are flexible; please get in touch for the next available date.
This craft course provider has been awarded Bronze status for receiving 1 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.