Create with Team Resin8! What could be sweeter than encasing delightfully delicate real flowers into pretty pendants? Designed for beginners, our Botanical Bijoux class offers a creative opportunity for those looking to learn how to make flower and botanical pendants.
Everything is provided for you - from the equipment and product you need through to the expert tuition. It's as close as we can get you to being at one of our resin workshops, except you'll be crafting in the comfort of your own home!
Spend the best part of the day with Teacher Lou (via Zoom) and finish the day feeling confident to carry on your epoxy resin jewellery making unguided. This class place is for 1 person only (only 1 set of equipment will be sent) - if you wish to join the class with a friend you will need to purchase 2 places. There will be no more than 10 participants on each class so we can make sure we give you our undivided attention.
You will learn how to:
- Measure, mix and add colour to your resin
- Create pendants with coloured resin backgrounds to show off individual flowers
- Work using a layering technique to capture flowers in open-backed pendants (using our famous Dam Tape)
- Fill silicone jewellery moulds to create frameless flower pendants
- Talk through the process of drying flowers specifically for use in resin
- Explore our resin pigments along with our natural mica powder (in over 50 lovely shades)
- Embellish your pieces using our eco-glitter and sparkles
- Achieve a perfect finish, removing any bubbles that appear
- Finishing techniques and adding findings to your creations to make them ready to wear
- Use tips, trade secrets and techniques
- Make use of leftover resin
- What do you get for the price?
If you have any interesting botanicals at home you would like to discuss during the workshop such as dried flowers, herbs, sparkles and gems, then please do have them to hand. It is not always possible to use them, but discussion with such items may prove helpful for future planning of your new craft.
Cancellation and a full refund can be obtained up to 2 weeks before the course starts. Start dates may be amended on request.
We will show you how to create your very own botanical resin pendants without using expensive or sophisticated equipment, and in this 6 hour workshop you will make at least 10 pendants.
- Link to a zoom class (which will run on specific dates) in which you will be able to interact with the teacher and other students, ask questions, show your work and receive feedback
- All materials required (resin, pigments, mixing tools, PPE, substrates, etc) - these will be posted to you the week before the class. We have chosen a glorious collection of pigments for you. As we are despatching kits to you in advance it is not possible to choose your own colours. However, we have a fab range of colours which you can buy to top up if you so wish here!
- Open and closed-back pendant bezels (silver and gold-plated)
- Silicone mould and fittings
- An exclusive discount to spend on Resin8 goodies (to be used within one week)
- The pleasure of spending 6 hours with us online... who wouldn't want that?!
- You will need to have access to a device that is able to be connected to the internet for 6 hours between 10am and 4pm (UK time)
- You will need to have downloaded Zoom and be familiar with how it works
- You will need to make sure you have a clean and tidy workspace with a flat, level table to hold the jewellery while it cures, or access to a tray to place your makes on
- You will also need to ensure you have ventilation in your workroom (open a window, or make sure doors are open)
Remember to wear clothes that you don't mind getting messy and please ensure you have familiarised yourself with our full terms and conditions including cancellation policy before booking a place.
This course is taught online
6 hours (10:00am to 4:00pm)
This craft course provider has been awarded Gold status for receiving 10 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.