Put your feet up and learn how to knit a cozy pair of socks. You’ll make your first pair of socks, a right of passage for new knitters! Our expert tutor will guide you towards this knitting milestone.
You will learn how to:
- Apply sock knitting techniques
- Work with double-pointed needles
- Knit in the round, create a heel flap, short row shaping and shape a toe
- Read a sock pattern
- Close a toe with Kitchener stitch
At the end of the class, you’ll be on your way to completing a pair of socks, be able to shape a heel and finish off a shaped toe. You’ll have the confidence to start your own sock projects and experiment with new complex techniques.
What you'll get from the Knithub 24 Experience:
- You'll get 3 hours of tuition over two consecutive weeks
- Learn 'live' and online, from the comfort of your home
- Fun and upbeat classes!
- Train with highly-qualified tutors
- Learn some amazing knitting techniques and ask questions directly to the tutor
- Troubleshoot any problems you've encountered
- All equipment and yarns provided and sent to your doorstep
- All class times are quoted at BST
How to Book: Please book your place using the 'Make a booking request' button above. Please book early to avoid disappointment! Once you have booked and paid for your class, you will receive a unique link along with all the relevant details you will need to join ‘Live’ on the day. This link will be valid for both sessions. Don’t forget to save both parts of the Live Online Class dates to your calendar! Happy Knitting!
Knithub 24 also runs machine knitting, crochet and macrame classes in online. Click on 'More courses run by this centre' below, to find out what we do.
We look forward to seeing you!
If you will be redeeming a CraftCourses gift voucher on this course, the voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
Equipment and Guidance Notes: We will send you all the equipment you need to get started before the class. This will consist of a ball of sock yarn, a set of 2.5mm double pointed needles and a large eye blunt (sewing) needle. A set of ‘how to’ notes will be emailed to you before the class.
EU & UK: Please allow up to 5 working days for your materials to arrive. We cannot guarantee delivery for bookings made outside of this time.