On this practical, Apple Mac-based course, you’ll learn how to experiment with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop to enhance your creativity and technical skills to create innovative digital textile designs and patterns.
This course is ideal for textile and fashion print designers at the start of their career.
So long as you’ve an interest in textiles, fashion or surface pattern design you’ll be welcome to attend.
Ideally you’ll bring to the course textile or fashion print designs that you’re currently working on or which inspire you, so as to ensure you get the most out of the practical projects.
The course leader will teach specific skills related to your own requirements.
On this course, you will:
- learn how to digitise and develop your designs using computer aided design (CAD)
- learn how designers use CAD today to create innovative new work, and how they are thinking about textile design in the future
- be introduced to techniques through group demonstrations and benefit from one-to-one tutorials to aid your development
- learn about different pattern repeats, styles and layouts
- learn how to create repeat patterns using Adobe Creative Suite to utilise your area of specialism: textile or fashion print design
- experiment with software painting and drawing tools, image manipulation, pattern, repetition, texture and colour
- learn how to create colour palettes using digital images
- research current trends in textile design and fashion print
- have the opportunity to create your own brief based on your own area of interest and personal style
- be able to create and save digital files in the correct formats for print.
The course will be taught on Apple Mac computers and, whilst no software experience is required, you should be confident in saving files and basic computer functions.
What will you gain?
By the end of the course you’ll have a have a good understanding of how the computer software can be used in different specialist areas to enable you to digitally reproduce your designs for commercial use.
Here's what previous attendees said:
“Stephen is one of the best teachers I have ever come across.” FJ
“Brilliant course. Stephen was very helpful and knowledgeable. I would definitely do another course.” SG
“It has made me fall in love with the Uni and textiles, and has inspired me to apply for my MA at NTU.” LT
“From not having any knowledge of this subject prior, I have learnt so much in such a short amount of time. The tutor was amazing - he was so passionate and positive.” MM
Tutor Profile: Stephen Rose has successfully worked as a freelance fashion and textile graphic designer since 1996, developing and designing creative print ideas for both major high street stores, such as Topman and River Island, and independent retailers in the UK and Europe.
Under the name of Now Fashion Graphics, Stephen’s design work includes creating t-shirt placement prints, all over fabric designs, licensed apparel, logos and branding.
Stephen has an in-depth knowledge of both Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop, enabling him to provide his clients and students with the best creative solutions tailored specifically to their individual needs.
Click through above to book your place online.
Need accommodation for the summer?
You can book a self-catered, single room with private bathroom on our city campus, right next door to our studios and classrooms.
Accommodation can be booked online via the link above.
If you will be redeeming a CraftCourses gift voucher on this course, the voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
25 hours of quality tuition with an experienced tutor.
Certificate of attendance upon completion.
Maximum class size: 10
Creative Short Courses at Nottingham Trent University
50 Shakespeare Street Nottingham Nottinghamshire NG1 4FQ