On this course, you’ll learn how to create innovative fashion concepts, taking your designs from an initial idea and sketch to a developed collection of concepts and designs.
It’s a great first step if you want to explore the processes involved in designing clothes for yourself or for others, or are considering further studies in fashion or accessory design.
This course is delivered via practical studio activities and manageable homework assignments.
You’ll develop your idea generation and research skills, along with your technical skills in design, illustration and presentation.
There will be time for 1-2-1 feedback as well as group discussions and critiques.
On this course, you will:
- find and evaluate new sources of creative inspiration
- develop your approach to fashion concept development
- research themes and trends and apply them to your work in an intelligent way
- learn how to create contemporary fashion illustrations that have impact
- experiment with draping to create new silhouettes
- explore trends in pattern, print and textile design, and apply these to your work
- produce a coherent collection of designs and present them in a professional way.
What will you gain?
By the end of the course, you’ll have a sketchbook and portfolio of new drawings and designs, plus photographs of your 3D work.
You’ll have an appreciation of the steps involved in fashion concept development, and the motivation to keep designing into the future.
Entry requirements: No previous design or drawing experience is required – just plenty of enthusiasm and the willingness to share ideas.
Click through above to book your place online.
If you have mobility issues, please let us know in advance so that we can be sure to accommodate your needs.
If you will be redeeming a CraftCourses gift voucher on this course, the voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
Two intensive days of quality tuition with an experienced tutor.
Certificate of attendance upon completion.
Indicative class size: 15
Creative Short Courses at Nottingham Trent University
50 Shakespeare Street Nottingham Nottinghamshire NG1 4FQ