About the Course
This course is aimed at the home owner who would like to build their home maintenance, repair and home renovating skills. During this one day course you will learn the following:
- How to drill into plasterboard, wood, concrete, glass and brick
- Replacing a door (hanging the door, replacing hinges, installing door hardware-handle & lock)
- Repairing plasterboard (cracks, small and large holes)
- Blocking up a doorway or opening up a wall
- Fixing pictures and TV’s to walls using different fixings for different walls
- Electrical basics (wiring a plug, making an extension lead, repairing lamps and installing light fixtures, how to use a multi-meter for checking voltage and current, changing a wall socket and light switch, how to install downlights (LED and colour changing) and diming options for mains and low voltage
- How to feed cables into difficult places and final testing
- Removal and application of silicon sealants, different sealants and their uses
- How to deal with wet and dry rot, special undercoats and paints
- Repairing overflowing toilets, leaking tap washers and plastic pipe connectors
- Changing a tap
- Tile application and grouting basics
General information for your visit.
Please wear clothes suitable for dusty work, sensible shoes and your own lunch. There is a local shop nearby if you wish to buy lunch or you can bring a packed lunch with you. Tea and coffee is provided throughout the day.
If you have some of your own tools and would like to learn how to use them properly, then you are welcome to bring them and use them on the course. We have a fully equipped workshop so there is no need to bring anything, but some students like to bring their own.
If booking with a CraftCourses voucher for part or all of the course fee, please fill in the contact form above. Your voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
Tea and coffee are available throughout the day. There is no lunch provided so bring your own or there is a local shop 1 min drive away. Local train station is approx. 10 mins walk and parking is available at the workshop.
Thoroughly enjoyed the course during which a great many topics were covered, and useful tips and hints given to make doing the everyday chores/projects around the house, that much simpler to do. Very relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Would highly recommend. Many thanks David.
Ian Davidson - - #20263
This craft course provider has been awarded Gold status for receiving 10 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.