This course is aimed at people wishing to be animators of the future.
It combines an introduction to the creative and technical aspects of 3D animation with information about today’s animation industry.
Following an introduction to the history of 3D animation, you'll be set a project to develop an animated character and accompanying narrative.
Your time will be split between working in the animation studio on your project, and hearing from guest speakers or visiting places of interest that inspire professional animators.
On this course you will:
- design a character for 3D animation
- experiment with Maya animation software
- work on top-of-the-range equipment including High end workstations with Nvidia Quadro graphics cards and Wacom Cintiq HD Touch tablets
- use TVPaint to create a simple storyboard
- add sound and music to an animation
- learn about directing your character for the screen.
What will you gain?
You'll combine new idea generation and research skills with your knowledge of Maya software so that, by the end of the two weeks, you'll have a character to present to your fellow students.
You'll also have:
- an understanding of the different types of jobs available to you in the animation, gaming and visual effects industries
- knowledge of what a company like Pixar looks for in a CV
- the confidence to present yourself and your showreel to potential employers.
This course is ideal if you are new to animation and are considering future studies or looking to enhance your CV and portfolio.
"Many thanks to Simone and her thoroughness and dedication - a brilliant course." CA
"Simone was a brilliant and very patient tutor." CH
"This course was to help me decide whether or not I was going to follow animation at uni. I fell in love with the subject, and will pursue it at NTU." SN
"A big thanks to Simone. The course was a brilliant blend of theory, practice and technique. Complicated software was broken down with panache!" DH
Entry requirement: No previous animation or drawing skills are required. You should know your way around a computer in terms of file saving and other basic functions.
Tutor profile: Simone Hunt works in the animation department at Nottingham Trent University.
Click through above to book your place online.
Need accommodation for the summer?
You can book a self-catered, single room with private bathroom on our city campus, right next door to our studios and classrooms.
Accommodation can be booked online via the link above.
If you will be redeeming a CraftCourses gift voucher on this course, the voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
50 hours of quality teaching with an experienced tutor.
Certificate of attendance upon completion.
Indicative class size: 10
Creative Short Courses at Nottingham Trent University
50 Shakespeare Street Nottingham Nottinghamshire NG1 4FQ