Posted in Christmas, Gift ideas and Personal stories/journeys/interviews/tutors’ stories.
Don't let the presentation of your carefully selected gifts do a disservice to the time and thought that you have given to your handpicked (or handmade) presents. We spend so much time choosing just the right thing we really should convey this love in our gift wrapping too.
We spoke to gift wrapping expert Arona Khan to get her top tips for presenting your gifts with wow factor...
They leave amazed at what they’ve learnt and are always especially excited about my invaluable cheat pleat and pouch.
- To get started ensure you have sharp scissors and adhesive tape that won’t show! Double-sided tape has been a favourite though now, as much as possible, I suggest techniques that don’t require tape so the giftwrap can be reused
- Wrap, don’t mummify! For a box with rectangular ends measure paper equal to the depth of the side. Reverse that for a square box so you have paper equal to half the depth at each end. Trim off the excess
- When using a roll of giftwrap calculate the amount of paper required by running a length of ribbon or string around the gift then cut what is required
- Use glue dots or double-sided foam pads if wrapping with giftwrap that doesn’t take sticky tape
- If using curling ribbon ensure you curl it with the scissors shut!
If you would like to brush up on your gift wrapping before the big day take a look at Arona's workshops in East Sussex where she covers all the topics you could wish for including festive hampers, Christmas bows and bespoke gift bags.
Maybe also consider making your own special wrapping paper, gift bags, cards and tags to make the presentation of your gifts even more unique with one of these workshops >
Don't worry if you can't make it to one of Arona's workshops - take a look at some other gift wrapping courses around the country>