Our Top 12 Christmas Craft Courses
Decorations, cards, confections and homemade gifts... Christmas is a fantastic time of year for craft lovers to indulge in some extra making, and a great excuse to try something new too.
The possibilities are limitless, so where to begin?!
On CraftCourses.com we have thousands of creative courses so we have shortlisted our Top 12 to show you a broad range for inspiration and ideas (we could have made this a Top 50 but had to narrow it down!).
Don’t worry if none of these appeal or are not close enough to you as you can view all of our Christmas Craft Courses here, and narrow it down by using your address or postcode.
Top 12 Christmas Craft Courses:
- Blow your own Christmas bauble with this Glass Blowing Experience at Glass Quarter Designs in the West Midlands. You will receive expert tuition from glass artist Charlotte Hughes Martin and will walk away with your own stunning hand blown bauble.
- A festive wreath on the door is sooo Christmassy! Getting just the right one can be tricky so we have a wide range of wreath making course options, allowing you to make exactly what you are looking for. We especially love this one at Snooty Fox Vintage where you can make a wreath using natural and rustic foliage in the heart of Baxenden.
- No home is complete without the hyggelig glimmer of candles, add to that some festive scent and you have the perfect cosy Christmas home. Why not try making your own at the Christmas Candle Making Workshop at The Candle Alchemist in Anglesey. Perfect for your home or give as gifts.
- Why not have a go of the traditional Japanese craft of making beautiful Temari Balls at Three Little Pigs in Worcestershire. Temari balls are exquisite works of art that are cherished gifts, symbolising friendship and loyalty.
- There is something incredibly special about receiving handmade jewellery and this Silver Stacking Ring course by Sarah Madsen in Cambridgeshire is perfect to get you started in making the perfect gift. You come away with two unique Sterling Silver rings and all the knowledge and skills too.
- Do you usually pop a star, angel, fairy, or something else, on the top of the tree? Why not learn to make your very own Wet Felted Fairy as a tree topper to be cherished for years at Alford Craft Market in Lincolnshire.
- Love textiles? Why not try making a 3D Christmas Tree decoration at Inkberrow Design centre in Worcestershire? It only takes 3 hours and will get you in the festive spirit.
- Make your own Willow Reindeer. This one day course at The Willow Barn in Durham will see you walk away with a gorgeous reindeer for you to decorate with fairy lights and create the perfect festive garden.
- Sophisticated and extremely effective Copper Christmas Decorations will look amazing in any home, and will make great, thoughtful gifts too. The course takes place with Charlotte Tollyfield Contemporary Silversmith in Sheffield over 4 hours and you will take home all your creations.
- Ever fancied trying stained glass? Christmas could be the perfect excuse – try making these gorgeous twinkling Stained Glass Stars at Art & Craft Days in Essex.
- Bringing plants into your home is on trend right now and what better to do it than with a Macrame plant hanger? Try out this Macrame workshop at The Arienas Collective in Scotland and you will be gifting the most stylish gift around this year.
- One of the great things about Christmas is getting in touch with loved ones far and wide – why not send a really personal card this year and make your own? This Linocut Card Making workshop at Oxford Linocut Workshops will teach you new skills and help you to make special greetings cards too.
And if you fancy doing something a little bit different for a Christmas get together why not try combining festive food and getting creative – here are a few amazing ideas for inspiration:
- Arty Party Painting & Prosecco Evening in Kent – everything is provided so you can relax, unwind and get creative.
- Christmas Alice in Wonderland Fused Glass Workshop with Afternoon Tea by The Silver Zebra – something a little different to get you in the festive spirit
- Winter Feasts Workshop with Charlotte Pike in Burmieston Farm in Perth – perfect if you’d like to prepare for cooking for large groups too!
If you don’t have time to make the perfect handmade gift or know someone who would love to do more crafting then a CraftCourses Gift Voucher could be the ideal gift. With thousands of courses to choose from, across the UK, you can let them pick out their dream course (or you could drop the hint to a loved one for yourself!)