Pastels create soft fur, velvety noses and expressive eyes in realistic or more vibrant, semi-figurative styles. Landscapes and flowers come to life. These workshops are small groups of up to 6.
In this 3 hour workshop you will:
– experiment with different papers and pastels to find out which ones work for you
– learn how to use the many different tools available to pastel artists
– develop the skills of blocking in, layering...
- Next course on 6th September 2019
Portrait Workshops run every 1st Friday of the month from 12.30-3.30pm at Embsay Village Hall.
Subjects vary each month depending on the medium (pencil/graphite; pastel; watercolour) with each subject being chosen to develop or build on drawing skills such as seeing/creating tone and texture or laying down base coat and layering in pastel or working wet-in-wet or detailed styles for watercolour.
Workshops are limited to a maximum of 6 artists of all abilities to ensure...
- Next course on 20th September 2019
Discover how to mix watercolours without the stress and disappointment of muddiness! It really is easy once you know a few little details such as it's mixing transparent and opaque colours that cause this. These workshops are small groups of up to 6.
- how to tell whether a colour is transparent or opaque
- a few of the different ways of working with this wonderful medium, such as glazing and wet-on-wet
- Next course on 18th October 2019
We can all draw with a little know how and practice. Did you know that our 'left brain' often gets in the way of our 'right brain' - the creative side of the brain? Find out how it tricks us and some strategies to fool it.
For instance, when was the last time you truly looked at something? If you have never taken the time to look and really observe a tree, a flower or...
Open Art Sessions... are open to all abilities and all mediums (with the exception of oils) and run each week except over Christmas/New Year and 2 weeks in the summer. Please see our website for the full schedule of dates.
All artists work on what they find inspiring with guidance given by Kate.
Places are limited to 8 maximum to ensure the group remains small enough to be friendly and ensure everyone has plenty of...