Spend a day sketching the river and woodland in charcoal with one to one tuition from a landscape painter. Learn new skills and and improve your charcoal drawing in a beautiful riverside location with the shade of a pretty woodland nearby. Learn how to sketch water, trees and the big skies of Cambridgeshire.
You will spend the day between the woodland and the river with the emphasis on the subject you prefer. Through the day I will give demonstrations and exercises to increase your understanding of your subject and success in depicting it. We will break for lunch at a comfortable time to suit you. Please bring your own packed lunch. The day begins at 10am and ends at 4pm. This is adjustable to suit you, just let me know when you book.
- Learn how to sketch water, trees and clouds in willow charcoal.
- Be given one to one personalised tuition suitable for your experience and level.
- Demonstrate how to tackle sketching a river, trees and clouds and the land in between.
- I will share my observations and techniques on depicting the natural landscape
I am a landscape painter living and working from my studio aboard my narrowboat with views of the rivers and washes in Cambridgeshire.
You will need:
A wide brimmed hat or peaked cap.
Clothes that you don't mind getting dirty
Sensible foot wear
A face mask for when we are standing together closer than 1 metre.
There is a train station 5 mins away and a there is a nearby car park. I am an hours cycle away if you are coming along the towpath from Cambridge. There are further instructions to the location when you book.
If the day turns to light rain we can shelter and continue sketching under the canopy of the narrowboat. If it turns heavy, where its possible we will reschedule the remainder of the day at a convenient time for us both.
If you have any questions please do get in touch.
Cancellation and a full refund can be obtained up to 2 weeks before the course starts. Start dates may be amended on request.
All materials and equipment
One to one tuition
1. A kayak is available to sketch the river from to those that can swim. Just let me know that you'd like to do this when you book.
2. Sketching from open locations from the narrowboat provided that the day is not too hot and you can swim.
1 day (flexible times to suit)
This craft course provider has been awarded Silver status for receiving 5 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.