Magazine Design for 15 - 17 Year Olds - Nottingham Trent University
Contact course provider
About the Course
This unique one-week course focuses on the creative side of magazine design and production.
You’ll be given the opportunity to explore ideas, photography, storytelling, marketing and art direction.
You’ll generate your own eight-page magazine about a subject that matters to you, complete with individual photography, writing and design.
On this course you will:
- generate ideas around what is at the heart of a magazine and what it aims to do
- research your competitors and target audience, and look at how you can make your magazine stand out from what already exists
- consider editorial narrative, tone of voice, layout and structure
- discuss the brand, looking at design, style and printing techniques that can make a magazine unique
- discuss the potential exposure and stockists of the magazine, through events, social media and a network
- generate photographic and written content around your ideas.
o previous design or software experience is required for this course.
Good ideas and a willingness to collaborate are more important.
The course will combine lectures and workshops with photography and software sessions.
What will I gain?
In addition to an excellent knowledge of the magazine design and print industry, you’ll leave the course with your own eight-page printed magazine and the InDesign files to go on and create more issues.
The magazine, images and articles will also become valuable pieces to add to a portfolio.
Click through above to book your place online.
Please note that if you have a CraftCourses gift voucher you would like to use as full or part payment of this course fee, the booking will need to be made via telephone (number above). If you have mobility issues, please let us know in advance so that we can be sure to accommodate your needs.
If booking with a CraftCourses voucher for part or all of the course fee, please fill in the contact form above or telephone us. Your voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
One week of quality tuition with an experienced tutor. Maximum class size: 16.
Review this course
Course Start DatesMonday 5th August 2019
- Accessible by public transport
- Disabled access
- Suitable for beginners
- Teen friendly
This craft course provider has been awarded Bronze status for receiving 1 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.