This is my more compact kit often bought as a gift or by someone who never tried lino printing before & wants to try it out before investing too much in print equipment.
As an Artist myself I use these items in my own work – I’m Catherine an Artist based in Liverpool UK. I also teach in person workshops showing different lino print techniques. All my kits are put together by myself & 2 local artist friends. Together in my art studio, we unpack deliveries, check everything is clean & working, carefully wrap and package - stamping by hand as we go. I am keen to keep a 'handmade' feel to my kits, the same as with my artwork & workshops.
Linocut & print is a relatively easy skill which gives great results almost immediately. Kids around age 11 upwards (supervised) enjoy this activity as a fun introduction to The Arts. Make this as easy or difficult as you like, choose your own skill level & learn at your own pace. Allow yourself an hour to cut, another hour to print and you'll produce something exciting!
Please visit my video channel to meet me in person & check out the free tutorial videos.
This kit makes a great gift and comes in a kraft recycled box with tissue gift wrapping inside. Happy to hand write personal gift messages - a gift wrap option is available at checkout please tick the box. This kit makes a great Mothers day & Mothering Sunday present.
Inks are UK brand ESSDEE I measure out from tubes into tins with screw lid to prevent drying out. You will have plenty ink to complete 10 greeting card prints or 20 postcard size and lots more.
Colours available, below - please message me directly with your colour choice.
Emerald Green (a bright fresh grass green)
True Blue (a bright ultra-marine)
Canary Yellow (a bright daisy yellow)
Chilli Red (a bright vibrant red)
Forest Green (a dark shade popular for botanical prints, mixes great with blues)
Pea Green (a paler more fresh green)
Turquoise (like the gem stone a slightly green shade of cyan)
Midnight Blue (a dark navy or prussian/indigo shade)
Vintage teal (a rich greenish blue)
Iris Purple (a bright shade like violets)
Mustard (just like Dijon! - ochre or dirty yellow great for landscapes)
Burnt Sienna (a warm earthy mid brown)
Espresso (dark chocolate good for animal prints)
Pumpkin orange (zesty & juicy)
1) EASYcut lino especially for beginner - supersoft in blue colour, great to print with reversible - 15x10cm
2) Lino cut tool handle - comfortable shape (recommend age 11 upwards)
3) 5 cutting blades - watch my YouTube to see how each cutting blade produces a different mark! also an instruction sheet is included, the mark making exercise.
4) 30ml ink in a metal screw top tin - UK brand ESSDEE - choose from 5 colours in the menu. Water based and mixable.
5) Design templates x3, these are my own artwork designs which I already cut and printed with - includes botanical, midnight garden and cityscape. Often coming up with an idea is the hardest part, here you can copy a design and focus on technique - they can give you inspiration!
6) Tracing paper to transfer a design from template to lino using pencil (not provided)
7) Step by step written guide - full instructions with handy tips!! or alternative is to watch my videos....
You will need to find these items at home or buy separately.
1) inking tray - space to roll out 2/3 colours approx A4 size - you can use a plastic chopping board or thick glass.
2) artist palette knife (spatula) - or use lolly pop sticks, butter knife.
3) a surface to print onto - white cards, handmade papers, backs of old envelopes!!
4) rubber printing roller - you might have one at home already! or buy a new one.
This craft course provider has been awarded Gold status for receiving 10 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.
100 items available
This was a present and she was thrilled with it. Lots of communication and help from the seller, definitely would buy again. Beautiful packaging too.
Beautiful packaging received promptly.
Excellent, clear instructions
Will highly recommend
So enjoying using the really comprehensive kit
Superb kit for two. Really nice set of tools, limo, paper, cards and ink. Some clear instructions are included and along with the videos are really informative.
I was delighted with this lino kit and I ordered extra colours too. Catherine responded straight away to my order request and it was quickly despatched and beautifuly packaged.
If times change I would happily stay in Liverpool (I live in Surrey) a few days to attend one of her face to face sessions.
Catherine is an excellent person to interact with !! ****************
This kit is just what I wanted. The materials and tools are of good quality and the instructions are easy to understand and follow. The clear explanations and guidelines and tips make for a positive and encouraging result to make you want to do more. Additionally, the set came beautifully wrapped and without 'over the top packaging' which is very important to me. I would recommend this product and in one word it is 'excellent'! Thank you
Loved the packaging . Saw the YouTube tutorials and I am very pleased with all the materials sent by Catherine.
Even tried on a Lino sheet and I think I’m getting addicted to it. Just stripping off each layer of the Lino sheet has been so therapeutic for me ... love love it .
Thank you Catherine
I can't quite go to excellent as I have not used the kit yet, but..... It arrived beautifully packaged and with everything included.
I am looking forward to using it on the next rainy day and as I want to use my own design - when I have decided which it will be.
I love this kit, its something to keep my husband and I entertained through lockdown and we're very much looking forward to trying it.
The seller was super helpful and it arrived quickly. She also put in a bit extra for us as we are doing it as a pair which was unexpected but very gratefully received.
Would 100% use this seller again for any other kits that take our fancy.