Lampworking Workshop : Full Day Beginners Workshop
Contact course provider
About the Course
I am pleased to be able to offer various tuition packages in this fabulous technique known as Lampworking - 'The art of melting glass rods in the flame of a torch'.
With over 14 years of bead making experience tuition takes place in my studio in the beautiful market town of Barnard Castle in County Durham, which is fully insulated and ventilated to offer a comfortable and safe environment for you to work in.
I am fully insured and have individual work stations to accommodate up to three students at a time. 1-2-1 tuition at no extra cost. 10% reduction for two or more persons attending together.
This 6.5 hour session includes:
• Bead making tuition on making glass beads, decoration techniques including applying dots, pulling and applying stringers (fine pieces of glass used to decorate beads) and shaping beads.
• Advanced techniques such as fish eye, swirls and hollow beads.
• You will make approx eight to ten beads in your all day session.
• All beads made are to keep, posted the following day after they have been annealed and cleaned.
Before each session starts I run through health and safety and talk a little on lampworking and types of glass I use. I then demonstrate the technique we are going to do first before letting you have ago. I like students to get the maximum use of time in front of the torch making beads
I will have refreshments available, tea, coffee & juices, biscuits and home made cakes as well as lots of lampwork / jewellery books and beads for extra inspiration.
Please can you make sure you wear an OLD long sleeved high necked top and any long hair tied back.
Please note –
• Parking is on street residential area.
• Toilet facilities, are within my home.
• Age 14+ (under 16's must be accompanied by an adult)
• Please bring your own packed lunch when attending a full day workshop
I studied jewellery design in the 1990’s but continued my interest as a hobby rather than a career. After discovering lampworking, I was drawn towards glass as a medium to incorporate into my jewellery designs as a way to inject colour and bring contrast to the silver used. In 2004 I started my business 'Suzanne Jewellery'.
If booking with a CraftCourses voucher for part or all of the course fee, please fill in the contact form above or telephone us. Your voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
Included in your session is the use of materials and equipment as well as tuition on making glass beads and applying decoration.
Throughout the day refreshments will be available, tea, coffee, juices, biscuits and home made cakes as well as lots of lampwork / jewellery books and beads for extra inspiration.
Please can you make sure you wear an OLD long sleeved high necked top and any long hair tied back. Safety glasses are provided.
Lunch is not provided, please bring a packed lunch.