A relaxed day in the countryside learning all about these amazing aromatic plants, why they are so important to us; understanding which herbs are best used for which tasks and how you can best grow your own herbs at home.
You will learn about the plants themselves and how to grow them, as well as how to use herbs in your own kitchen including how they can be used to treat various ailments and to boost your immune system.
1. Identifying herb plants and methods of growing: We will help you learn how to identify different herbs with hands-on identification using all of your senses. You will learn how the herbs can be grown through various propagation methods.
2. How to integrate herbs into your space/design: Herbs can be used in various places in your growing space to enhance it with scent and colour, you can also use them as a natural pest control. Learn the best position for your choice of herb so you get the most from it.
3. Uses of herbs: Herbs are more than just added taste to your food. We will teach you what else you can use your herbs for, which herbs are best for what, and how to use them
4. The benefits and use of Herbs: This is a chance to learn more about herbs and plants from the wild and how they can be used to treat various ailments and boost your immune system.
5. Forgaging and Making*: A chance to make herbal tinctures, vinegars & honegars/oximels to take home using local honey (provided). Weather permitting, we will forage for herbs and berries etc.
Cancellation and a full refund can be obtained up to 8 weeks before the course starts. Start dates may be amended on request.
A relaxed workshop to discover what you can do with the herbs and wild food in your garden or in the hedgerow.
An informal and enjoyable day on our country smallholding with plenty of time to chat and learn more about herbs & plants.
Refreshments will be provided,
Please bring a packed lunch with you
Parking is available at the entrance to our farm and our training room is just a short walk down our track.
*We recommend seeking advice before consuming any herbal medicine or replacing allopathic medicines with a herbal remedy. We are passionate about edibles and specialists in all year-round food production but we are not trained in medicine.
What To Bring:
Please bring jam jars & vodka if you want to make a tincture.
Cyder vinegar will be provided.
Don't forget your lunch!
Please arrive at 15 mins before the start of the course for a prompt start
1 day (9:30am to 4:30pm)
This craft course provider has been awarded Silver status for receiving 5 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.
1 day (9:30am to 4:30pm)
The course doesn’t currently have live datesContact the tutor for more information