This natural soaps online course is all you need to get a background in soap and soap-making, learn to make a range of different soaps and even set up your own soap-making business.
Course tutor Maxine Clarke is a professional soap maker who began crafting soap out of necessity when she was 14 years old at her grandmother’s bungalow in the little seaside resort of Runaway Bay, Jamaica, where she grew up. However, it was in London in 2004 where she rediscovered, and fell passionately in love with, hand crafting her own natural soaps and bodycare products. She went on to set up Caribbean Paradise Soaps, taught day courses for Lowimpact, and authored our Make Your Own Natural Soaps book.
The course includes 19 pdf texts which cover the entire text of our Make Your Own Natural Soaps book. In addition, there are over 100 minutes of videos across 10 topics to accompany every aspect of the book, so that as well as reading about the processes, you can watch videos of exactly how it’s done.
- Soap history
- Why make your own natural soaps?
- Soap chemistry
- The fundamentals (measuring, temperature, trace, super fatting, setting, cutting, curing and more)
- Botanicals for well-being, skin nourishment and dyes
- Aroma crafting: the art of blending oils
- Fragrances and colours
- Cold process soap-making and recipes
- Hot process soap-making and recipes
- Liquid soap-making and recipes
- Cream soap-making and recipes
- Finishing, decorating and packaging
- Crafting your own soap recipes
- Selling your soap: safety, regulations, labelling, trading standards, etc.
- Further resources
After purchasing, we will be in touch via email and issue you with your personal link to access the course.
This course is best viewed via a computer rather than a mobile phone or tablet. You will also require Adobe Acrobat or similar in order to view the pdf text elements.
This course is taught online