Keep special moments closer by learning how to encase flowers and photographs in crystal clear epoxy resin during this full day Encasing Special Memories - Keepsake Makes Workshop. Treasure delicate wedding bouquets or first date roses for the years ahead. Transform holiday photographs into paperweights to remember a special trip. Join us in person at our custom-built workshop in the heart of the Cotswolds and discover the perfect techniques for capturing the essence of memories in touching keepsakes. Even work through the process of preserving locks of hair and ashes in timeless, sensitive pieces.
All of our workshops are perfect for beginners!
Please Note: this workshop will allow you to perfect the techniques of casting precious items in resin. Although you are welcome to bring your sentimental items with you on the day to discuss with us in detail, we will be casting with practice items so that you can use the day as a learning experience.
You will learn how to:
- Create timeless pendants and paperweights using dried flowers and photographs
- Tastefully incorporate hair-like Angelina fibre strands and simulation ashes in your pieces
- Work with two different Resin8 resins
- Fill silicone moulds
- Measure, mix and add colour to your resin
- Add embellishments such as our eco-glitter
- Achieve a perfect finish, removing any bubbles that appear
- Use tips, trade secrets and techniques
- Make use of leftover resin
Remember to wear clothes that you don't mind getting messy and please ensure you have familiarised yourself with our full terms and conditions including cancellation policy before booking a place.
Accessibility: Please note that our studio is located up a flight of stairs.
Cancellation and a full refund can be obtained up to 2 weeks before the course starts. Start dates may be amended on request.
We will show you how to create your very own resin masterpieces without using expensive or sophisticated equipment, and in this 6 hour workshop you will make 3 pieces of artwork.
- All materials required (Fill-it and Coat-it resin, pigments, mixing tools, PPE, silicone moulds substrates, etc)
- A variety of closed back pendant bezels
- The chance to explore our full range of resin pigments and all our natural, ethically-sourced mica powder
- An exclusive discount to spend on Resin8 goodies (to be used on the day of the workshop)
- Tea, coffee and plenty of biscuits, please bring your own packed lunch with you
- Postage of your precious pieces after the workshop (your creations need a while to cure)
- The pleasure of spending 6 hours with us ... why not learn from the best?!
6 hours (10:00am to 4:00pm)
This craft course provider has been awarded Gold status for receiving 10 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.
6 hours (10:00am to 4:00pm)
The course doesn’t currently have live datesContact the tutor for more information