In this online course for beginners you will learn how to make a beautiful, classic leather crossbody bag. You can fit all the essentials in this handbag; mobile phone, wallet, keys, sunglasses... It has a magnet snap closure at the front.
The dimensions of the final bag are approximately:
16cm high x 25cm wide x 6cm deep.
With the purchase you get an instant download link with the following:
- a PDF pattern (printable in A4 and A3)
- a 'How to Make' video showing how to make the item from beginning to end
- a PDF handbook with detailed instructions and other tips & tricks
- an introduction to types of leather and how to store & care for it
- an introduction to leather craft tools & hardware with images & names so that it's easy for you to look for the items when buying them
- a suppliers list to get you started
- direct email contact with Sonja, the founder of The Handbag Atelier, for any questions related to handbag and accessory making and leather craft.
To make the item you will need vegetable tanned leather (1.8-2mm), a selection of leather crafting tools and hardware.
This course is taught online
This craft course provider has been awarded Bronze status for receiving 1 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.