Our Beginner’s Machine Knitting Class will teach you how to knit using a domestic knitting machine. Learn the basics of how your knitting machine works, how to set it up and how to knit on your own.
You will learn how to:
- Set up a knitting machine
- Cast your machine on and off, knit lace holes stripes and ladders
- Experiment with tensions
- Change between different yarns
- Blend and mix yarns together
We teach on the following domestic knitting machines: Brother Domestic Knitting Machines, Model KH836 & KH881.
At the end of the class, you’ll have a collection of experimental swatches, which can be further developed into your own designs.
About the Knithub 24 Experience:
- Learn 'live' and online, from the comfort of your home
- Fun and upbeat classes!
- Train with highly-qualified tutors
- Learn some amazing machine knitting techniques and ask questions directly to the tutor
- Troubleshoot any problems you've encountered
- All class times are quoted at BST
Suitable for: Complete beginners or those who want to refresh their basic machine knitting skills
How to Book: Please book your place using the 'Make a booking request' button above. Please book early to avoid disappointment! Once you have booked and paid for your class, you will receive a unique link along with all the relevant details you will need to join ‘Live’ on the day. Don’t forget to save the Live Online Class dates to your calendar! Happy Knitting!
Knithub 24 also runs hand knitting, crochet and macrame classes in London. Click on 'More courses run at this centre' below, to find out what we do.
We look forward to seeing you!
If you will be redeeming a CraftCourses gift voucher on this course, the voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What you will need
Yarns, Tools and Technical Notes: You will need a domestic knitting machine, two cones of different coloured yarns, claw weights, single and double point transfer tools. A set of ‘how to’ notes will be emailed to you before the class.