Over the years our 2 day bushcraft course has proven to be our most popular bushcraft course. It’s been carefully designed to initiate you into the joys of outdoor living, although many of the skills that you’ll be taught are easily transferable to other outdoor activities.
This 2 day bushcraft course is intended for people who would like to understand what bushcraft is all about and to learn simple, repeatable bushcraft and survival skills.
This includes campers, backpackers, hikers and other outdoors people who wish to learn some of the skills required to be comfortable in the outdoors, so that you have the time to really enjoy what is around you.
We have people attend who have no previous bushcraft experience as well as those with some prior experience and we can say with absolute honesty that everyone leaves knowing more than when they arrived!
During your time spent with us on this bushcraft course, you will:
- Learn how to safely use essential bushcraft tools including knife, folding saw and bow saw
- Have plenty of practise creating a flame using matches, fire steels, fire pistons, wire wool & a battery, solar mirrors, flint & steel, chemicals and fire by friction
- Carve your own honey spreader or spatula from materials you gather in our ancient woodland
- Understand the pros and cons of debris shelters, where & how to build one, and sleep in one if you wish
- Put up a tarp and hammock using only 3 simple knots that can be tied and untied wearing gloves (you can sleep in a hammock if you like)
- Find, filter and purify your own water
- Go for a woodland walk to gain an insight into some of the trees and plants around us and what they can be used for
- Learn how to sharpen a knife so that it will slice through a sheet of paper
- Locate and identify different natural tinders easily found in the woods
- Gather your own materials and light a fire following a method that will work in all weather conditions.
At the end of this bushcraft course you will have a good working knowledge of the skills needed to enjoy your time in the woods or enhance your camping or outdoor activities.
About us and the venue:
Jack Raven Bushcraft was founded in 2011 and we've been delivering bushcraft, craft and foraging courses since then from our 30 acre private ancient woodland on the Kent Downs in an area of outstanding natural beauty.
Courses in the summer are held outdoors in our woodland camp complete with covered work areas, an outdoor kitchen and a composting loo. Courses in the winter are held in our workshop in a converted barn.
If you will be redeeming a CraftCourses gift voucher on this course, the voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
Included in the price is:
- Breakfast and dinner
- Hot and cold drinks
- Tools, equipment and materials
This craft course provider has been awarded Bronze status for receiving 1 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.