This large weaving loom kit is used in our Introduction to Weaving workshop and is suitable for complete beginners, as well as those relatively new to weaving. It comes with all the tools required to get you started on your first weaving project, including a rotating heddle bar which helps to speed up the weaving process.
**Please specify your chosen colours when purchasing your kit.
Each kit comes complete with cotton warp yarn and a yarn starter pack of high quality wool and fancy yarns selected from my studio library. All the tools arrive in a handmade natural linen bag.
The 20-page digital instruction guide illustrates step by step how to set up the loom and start weaving a variety of basic weave structures, such as plain weave and twill, as well as some decorative tapestry techniques including rya knots and soumak stitch.
You will be emailed a link to download the PDF guide.
Pamela Print is a Textile Artist with 15 years experience in designing woven textiles within industry and her own hand weaving practice. She is a selected member of the Crafts Council and Design Nation.
EACH KIT INCLUDES:
- Beech Wood Frame Loom L45cm x W33cm x H6cm | Weaving area L39cm x W27 cm
- Rotating Heddle bar
- 2 x weaving shuttles | pick up sticks 31cm
- 1 x weaving needle 15cm
- Sewing scissors or snips
- Cotton warp thread 50g
- *2-3 x Balls of Merino Wool yarn 40g each | 2 x Merino Wool roving 20g each | 1 x Italian Fancy yarn 25g
- *Choice of 6 yarn colour packs: Teal/Mint | Papaya/Burgundy | Denim Blue | Forest Green | Monochrome | Piccalilli Yellow|Grey
- 20-page Digital Introduction to Weaving Guide PDF
- Handmade natural linen tool/yarn bag