Monday 7th June - Friday 11th June
This course is aimed at new and aspiring designers wanting to include knitwear in their collections. It will introduce you to the many possibilities of the domestic knitting machine.
The week has a strong design led focus on all of the techniques covered.
The course will last a whole week from 10am until 4pm
Cancellation and a full refund can be obtained up to 2 weeks before the course starts. Start dates may be amended on request.
The week will include:
• Identifying yarn type and correct weight for the machine you are working with
• Casting on and off techniques
• Pattern Exploration – learning to knit jacquard, tuck, and knit weaving
• Trims and edges used for garment production
• An introduction into Holding cam and 3D stitches
• A review of current knitwear designers and techniques used in their collections
This craft course provider has been awarded Silver status for receiving 5 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.