Make a portrait in mosaic during this stimulating workshop with Debra, experienced Mosaicist & Teacher. Work from an image of a famous person, loved one, friend or family member. Remember to send image (s) before first session to check they are suitable for mosaic.
This course can be completed in flexible sessions such as the mornings / afternoons / evenings from the month you would like to study. I am also willing to travel to a venue of your choice within 10 miles of my studio.
Some experience of mosaic making is helpful to complete the portrait and that you have a basic understanding of cutting and shaping tiles.
What you will learn:
* Understanding of varied laying styles for mosaic portraiture
* Practice drawing and applying andamento for facial features
* Apply colour palette using porcelain/vitreous glass for facial skin tone and texture for hair/clothing/background
* Appreciation of Byzantine, Roman and modern laying styles
* Choice of working in direct or indirect method
If you would like to make a request for a different date, or specific project, please message Debra.
If you will be redeeming a CraftCourses gift voucher on this course, the voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
All materials and mosaic tiles.
Refreshments are available throughout the day
Use of kitchen
Free parking on site