Aimed at the beginner with limited or no knowledge of graphic design, this introductory course combines theoretical and practical content within a professional, commercial perspective.
The development of ideas, the creative process and an understanding of visual language, layout and typography will all be included in this course to help you develop your knowledge of the different disciplines and skills associated with graphic design.
You will create innovative compositions using words, pictures and colour through workshops and projects that combine theoretical discussions with practical applications.
On this course, you will:
- learn about graphic design today and who's shaping the design world - and apply this knowledge to your work
- work with typography in a creative and experimental way
- create layouts that communicate a clear message
- select and edit images and combine these with layouts and typography
- use Adobe Creative Suite at an introductory level
- work to a commercial project brief and understand the processes involved, from initial research to final presentation
- critique your work and that of others so as to improve your knowledge of why some graphic design is successful and others less so
- bring together the different disciplines within graphic design so as to create innovative and cohesive results.
What will you gain?
The course is ideal if you are building your portfolio and can act as an introduction to the subject for those considering future studies or a new career.
Entry requirement: No design or software experience is required, although you should be confident in saving files and basic computer functions.
Tutor Profile: Antony Radcliffe is a practicing graphic designer who also teaches on the degree programme at NTU.
He has extensive experience in the design industry having worked with renowned international consultancies such as Ogilvy and Mather and BMP.
His creative work has been commissioned by a range of blue-chip clients including IBM, Land Securities PLC, ICI and Amec.
With specialisms in branding and identity, information graphics, b2b and b2c print marketing, he has also worked in retail and FMCG.
Click through above to book your place online.
If you have mobility issues, please let us know in advance so that we can be sure to accommodate your needs.
If you will be redeeming a CraftCourses gift voucher on this course, the voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
25 hours of quality tuition with an experienced tutor.
Certificate of attendance upon completion.
Indicative class size: 15
Creative Short Courses at Nottingham Trent University
50 Shakespeare Street Nottingham Nottinghamshire NG1 4FQ