DIY Kit: Cyanotype Printing & Tray Kit
Create your own cyanotype print at home in the style of Anna Atkins, who is considered to be a pioneering female photographer. Then simply add this to your rustic tray! Teach yourself how to make a sun print, otherwise known as a cyanotype - this type of printing is unique in that it is a form of photography that does not require a camera or an expensive darkroom. Engineers used the process well into the 20th century as a simple and low-cost process to produce copies of drawings, referred to as blueprints. The printing process is accessible, super easy and you will be able to create a stunning final work of art with its signature Prussian blue colour within minutes!
What's included in the price?
Your kit includes: - Sponge Brush x1 - Bottle of ‘Part A’ Potassium Ferricyanide powder – 9g - Bottle of ‘Part B’ Ferric Ammonium Citrate powder – 21.5g - White rustic tray 23x18cm x1 - Varnish pot 10ml - 300gsm paper x2 - 'How to' Instructions
What you will need
- Apron - White card to print on - Dried botanicals, leaves etc - Bowl of room temperature water - Non UV glass pane or cling film - Bulldog clips or pegs - Hair drier - Canvas or stiff board - Strong craft/PVA glue or laminator I have successfully made prints in doors during the winter months - just place near a window to expose to UV light.
Mapp of London
with Craft Courses since 2019Message the maker
I run classes which have been featured in Country Loving and Breath magazines. These take places in my she-shed in Twickenham and range from Christmas wreath making to cyanotype printing – “nature's printing press”. As a result of the pandemic, I’ve also started selling DIY creative kits so that you can try these crafts out in the comfort of your own home. It’s been gratifying to see these becoming so popular – my Christmas bauble kit appeared in the Metro and The Sunday Telegraph.
- Wheelchair users
- Hearing impaired
- Vision impaired
- Limited mobility
- Learning difficulties (SEN)
- UK Holiday
- Hen dos
- Advanced/pro level
- Fairs, festivals & exhibitions
- Corporate days out & team building
- School holiday workshops & activities
- Father's Day
- Engagement, birthdays & anniversaries
- Suitable for beginners
- Mother's Day
- Stag dos
- Overseas Holiday
- Intermediate level