Creative Machine Stitching
Contact course provider
About the Course
Work in a small group with qualified textile artist and adult teacher, Helen Moyes
The workshop can include:
- Painted backgrounds and textile collage
- Transfering images to fabric
- How to set up the sewing machine for freehand embroidery
- Practice at using embroidery hoops to “draw” with the sewing machine.
- Learning how to applique
- Stitching over applique
- Writing in stitches
- Using water soluble fabric to create stitched items
- Quilting designs
- Making designs 3D
- Time to be creative with the techniques learned
- Making a finished product of your own design to take home
If booking with a CraftCourses voucher for part or all of the course fee, please fill in the contact form above. The voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
Free on street car parking nearby & disabled access. Please advise prior to workshop
A wide range of hot and cold drinks and home made cake. Please advise of any dietary requirements
This workshop is best taught with your own sewing machine, but sewing machines are available to borrow
All materials and equipment will be provided. If you have any particular embroidery materials you wish to use then please feel free to bring them along with you as well.
What's not included:
Lunch: please bring your own packed lunch.
Basic setting up and getting to know your sewing machine - please contact me for individual or small group session for this prior to the Creative Machine Stitching