Located between Canterbury and Ashford, join us at our ancient woodland camp on the beautiful Kent Downs for this introductory 1 day bushcraft course.
We’ve put together this 1 day bushcraft course for people whose time is precious but would like to gain a thorough grounding in the key skills of outdoor bushcraft and survival. So we’ve created a package that will ensure that you leave us with simple, repeatable skills that’ll give you the confidence to broaden your horizons in the great outdoors.
During your time spent with us on this 1 day course, you will:
- Learn how to safely use a knife
- Build a debris shelter and gain an understanding of the design principles involved
- Have plenty of practise creating a flame using matches, fire steels, fire pistons, wire wool & a battery, solar mirrors, flint & steel, chemicals
- Make char cloth, create a tinder bundle and blow an ember into flame
- Find, filter and purify your own water
- Go for a woodland walk to gain an insight into some of the trees and plants around us and what they can be used for
- Gather your own materials and light a fire following a method that will work in all weather conditions.
At the end of the course you will have a good working knowledge of the skills needed to enjoy your time in the woods or enhance your camping or outdoor activities.
About us and the venue:
Jack Raven Bushcraft was founded in 2011 and we've been delivering bushcraft, craft and foraging courses since then from our 30 acre private ancient woodland on the Kent Downs in an area of outstanding natural beauty.
Courses in the summer are held outdoors in our woodland camp complete with covered work areas, an outdoor kitchen and a composting loo. Courses in the winter are held in our workshop in a converted barn.
Cancellation and a full refund can be obtained up to 8 weeks before the course starts. Start dates may be amended on request.
We include all tools, equipment and materials.
The kettle is always on for tea and coffee.
This craft course provider has been awarded Bronze status for receiving 1 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.