On the beginners silver clay day you will learn how to shape, texture and mould the clay in the morning. Following a break for lunch, which will allow the clay time to dry, we will file smooth and fire the pieces before polishing.
This course is perfect for complete beginners. No previous experience of jewellery making needed as we will break each step down throughout the day.
You will learn lots of tips and everything you need to make your own silver clay pieces at home as well as taking at least 2 pieces of finished silver clay jewellery home with you on the day!
This class will be at our Basingstoke studio.
This course is taught by our owner Laura. She started jewellery making 16 years ago and went on to complete her degree in the subject. Having worked in the industry for 10 years including teaching at a local college Laura set up the Hampshire School of Jewellery in 2016. Laura has a teaching qualification and is a qualified level 1 art clay instructor.
This is a great course to bring a group of friends to celebrate a birthday, hen do or just to get together! We can even run an exclusive date for you just get in touch to discuss.
Our studio is located in Basingstoke; we are 5 minutes from the town centre and junction 6 of the M3.
Cancellation and a full refund can be obtained up to 4 weeks before the course starts. Start dates may be amended on request.
All the tools and equipment you will need will be available for you to use on the day. We include a 5 gram pack of silver art clay in the price which is usually enough for 2-3 items depending on your designs. More clay will be available to purchase on the day as well as chains, earring hooks etc to put the finishing touched to your jewellery on the day.
At this current time we are asking everyone to pop out for an hour to break for lunch at around 1pm to allow us to change tools over and clean the studio.
New procedures following reopening.
Obviously to reopen we have made several changes in the studio and to the way we work within it these include:
- Reduced class sizes of 6 maximum in each class with a space at every other bench to allow for metre + social distancing.
- Screens are also hung between the spare work spaces.
- A tool kit at each one of these benches including most of the tools you will need however there are a few that need to be shared around the studio; these will need to be wiped down after each use and only one person to be at these areas at a time.
- We are asking everyone to wear a face mask during classes at the studio. Please bring one with you.
- Everyone to hand wash upon entering the studio and regularly throughout the class.
- If you wish to wear gloves please remove when using the torches to solder as they are a potential hazard.
- Cleaning supplies will be provided and we will be asking for help to wipe down the tools at your work bench and your work area at the end of each session.
- No cash payments; please pay for your classes online before your session and if you have any materials to pay for please bring a card so we can do payments on the card machine.
- We have installed a video system to film demonstrations and show them on a tv screen.
- At this time please bring your own drinks and refreshments to the studio.
We need everyone’s help to adjust to the new systems need everyone to appreciate the steps that we have put in place and to follow these new guidelines so we can all be as safe as possible.
If you display any symptom of the virus please do not attend any sessions; follow government guidelines with regards to self isolating. Please give as much notice as possible and we will work with you to rearrange your lesson to another time.
Should you develop symptoms after your class please advise us so we can take the necessary steps with advising any one else you may have been in contact with at the school.
If there are further restrictions from the government I will of course re assess the situation and if we go into another lockdown we will close immediately.
6 hours (10:00am to 5:00pm)
This craft course provider has been awarded Bronze status for receiving 1 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.
Wonderful workshop.Highly reccomended. Laura is very knowledgible and supportive for us to complete our ideas .The finished products are of a very high standard - our taster day left us yearning for further courses!
The room was nicely laid out - very Covid rlted - roll on when restrictions are lifted and even more people can come along!
Response from Hampshire School of Jewellery:Thank you so much for your lovely review Dorota.
I did this class as a private lesson with Laura and had a fantastic time.
Laura is a very knowledgable and patient teacher (which was great as I had a LOT of questions) and she makes the class really enjoyable. I will definitely be going back for more classes in the future and would not hesitate to recommend.
Response from Hampshire School of Jewellery:Thank you so much for your lovely review Nicola.