This workshop is suitable for complete beginners who have never crocheted before, or for anyone who may have crocheted in the past but has forgotten the main technique and the basic stitches.
Please note that this workshop is aimed at right-handed people, however, a lot of left-handers choose to learn this way (as crochet is an ambidextrous activity anyway) so that they have access to more patterns in the future. We do provide left-handed tutorials however if you prefer.
* Know the difference between US and UK terminology
* Understand how your hook size, tension and yarn weight affects the outcome of your finished piece
* Be able to cast a foundation chain
* Complete a row of single crochet stitches (US)
* Practice the correct way to turn and continue the next row
* Skill permitting: Complete a row of double/treble crochet stitches (US) and/or observe the method
Cancellation and a full refund can be obtained up to 2 weeks before the course starts. Start dates may be amended on request.
LIVE 2-hour tuition
Cotton DK yarn
Soft drink, tea, or coffee
Access to the internet via a PC, laptop, tablet or smartphone
A recommended materials link will be sent prior to the course with your joining instructions
This craft course provider has been awarded Gold status for receiving 10 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.
2 hours (12:00pm to 2:00pm)