About the Course
This one week product design summer course for teenagers is a series of practical workshops that will introduce you to product design and innovation, from idea to manufacture.
You will develop your design and interpersonal skills and consider new ways of thinking and better team building – essential tools for successful product design.
A project will be completed in teams which will have a simple theme: to design an innovative new product that can be easily adopted by an end user and which will become an integral part of everyday life.
On this course you will:
- explore how to develop your innovation skills and provide solutions to design problems
- investigate how to create new concepts that appeal to audiences that might have differing needs and abilities
- undertake quick and practical workshops in sketching and presentation techniques
- identify ways in which new products can best be positioned in the busy market place and how you can develop an effective branding and marketing strategy
- build team spirit and refresh your creative thinking skills.
What will you gain?
This course is ideal if you plan on becoming a product designer in the future.
It is ideal if you are interested in working on projects that will strengthen your portfolio and which demonstrates new approaches in your work.
The ideal attendee will be ideas and solution-driven, open to new ways of working and able to work with others in a positive way.
Click through above to book your place online.
If booking with a CraftCourses voucher for part or all of the course fee, please fill in the contact form above. Your voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
One week of quality tuition with experienced tutor. Maximum class size: 14.
Accommodation is available a short walk from our classrooms and studios, and is available to those booked on to a summer school course for an additional fee.
Doing your Duke of Edinburgh Gold Award? This course can count as your Gold DofE Residential.
This craft course provider has been awarded Bronze status for receiving 1 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.