About the Course
This course will give you an insight into the world of interior design and inspire you with the confidence to present your own schemes.
It's ideal if you are considering further studies in interior design and wish to start your portfolio.
During the course you will:
- learn how to develop your creativity regarding interior design
- give special attention to light, colour, form, texture and how these key elements can define a space
- look at decorative schemes with the use of wallpaper, upholstery, window treatments and accessories.
This is a practical and creative course with some theory and research and is delivered through informal talks and visits to local places of design interest.
What will you gain?
You will gain experience of undertaking an interior design scheme and also an understanding of its application in the domestic, residential and commercial sectors.
From simple plan drawings you will gain an understanding of scale before applying colour, furniture and furnishings.
By the end of the course you will have:
- created a finished, or almost finished, interior design project
- built a portfolio of new work
- developed an awareness of the vast range of information relevant to interior designers
- had plenty of fun.
If booking with a CraftCourses voucher for part or all of the course fee, please fill in the contact form above. Your voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
One week of quality tuition with experienced tutor. Maximum class size: 14.
Accommodation is available a short walk from our classrooms and studios, and is available to those booked on to a summer school course for an additional fee.
Doing your Duke of Edinburgh Gold Award? This course can count as your Gold DofE Residential.
This craft course provider has been awarded Bronze status for receiving 1 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.