You have no idea what you can do until you try!
Can you sew in a straight(ish) line with your sewing machine? - or would you like to learn?
Time to get brave, and these one to one sewing days are for you to learn at your own pace.
There's no right or wrong with what you want to learn - just get in touch with me before you book, and we can chat through what you'd like to do.
Where possible, we'll use fabric that has been washed and rescued from previous life, but of course you can bring your own if you wish.
Previous students I have helped include:
- Back to basics - hints and tips on using a sewing machine, and creating a reference guide for future sewing
- Changing up charity bought clothes
- Taking a favourite pair of trousers and re-creating them
- Make a festival dress in a day
Some ideas for you include:
Quilting, making bunting, make smock dress, palazzo pants, an apron dress, cushion covers, how to make a sample curtain, how to copy a favourite item of clothing, try an over-locker, etc, etc -on this course we can accommodate what you need to know !
Our lovely bright studio space is a great spot for you to get bold and brave with your sewing.
We're based less than 10 minutes walk from historic Wallingford's town centre, and have plentiful parking.
What you can do by the end of the course will be dependent on what we're sewing, but could include:
-Discuss re-cycling fabric, and fabric fire safety
-Draft a basic pattern
-Machine sew using straight stitch and zig-zag stitch on your machine
-Use a measuring stick to ensure your hem is straight
-Compare options for hemming
I normally run courses 10am - 4.00pm, however I can split this into two evenings if you prefer, happy to discuss the options that work for you. I have the occasional Saturday or Sunday free too!
Cancellation and a full refund can be obtained up to 2 weeks before the course starts. Start dates may be amended on request.
- All materials, and extras needed to make your item, unless otherwise agreed.
- You will have a choice from at least 10 different fabrics, (although if you would like to bring your own, then please contact me for extra information).
- Free Parking.
- Tea, Coffee and Squash (and cake / biscuits).
- Learning in a light bright studio with a small group of like-minded people.
What should I bring?
- Your own (or borrowed!) sewing machine.
(Let me know if you need to hire one instead - this can be done for a small additional charge (to cover servicing, needles, etc).
- Sewing kit - to include scissors, pins and a tape measure.
- A packed lunch.
- Specs if you need them.
1 day (flexible times to suit)
This craft course provider has been awarded Bronze status for receiving 1 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.