About the Course
Learn how to paint with words on this course that explores prose and poetry inspired by Nottingham.
It’s for writers who are just getting started (as well as those with some experience) who are looking for inspiration and adventures in a local setting.
The course combines practical writing exercises with explorations of Nottingham, culminating in a pamphlet of work by the ‘Class of 2019’.
The course explores creative writing and its connection with art, design, architecture and people.
The aim is to expand meaning in your writing by improving perspective, character and technique towards creating your own written masterpiece.
On this course you will:
- experience new ways of writing creatively from new sources of inspiration
- spend two half-days on location, with the rest of your time developing writing in the classroom and editing your work
- be guided through the streets and buildings of Nottingham, learning how to gather visual stimuli and create a feeling of space and place
- use art, design and objects to generate new ideas
- undertake a range of exercises, each focusing on a different aspect of creative writing
- develop your personal approach, and give and receive feedback
- learn about the Nottingham writing scene and how you get involved.
No experience of writing is necessary - it’s more important that you just want to write, challenge yourself and produce a meaningful piece of work.
The course is also suitable for anyone writing non-fiction who wants to free up their creative thinking.
What will I gain?
You’ll leave the course with plenty of ideas to stimulate your writing, and the beginnings of a collection of pieces for further development.
You’ll also receive a copy of a professionally printed pamphlet, created for you by a local artisan print studio, which will contain work by all participants.
Click through above to book your place online.
Please note that if you have a CraftCourses gift voucher you would like to use as full or part payment of this course fee, the booking will need to be made via telephone (number above). If you have mobility issues, please let us know in advance so that we can be sure to accommodate your needs.
If booking with a CraftCourses voucher for part or all of the course fee, please fill in the contact form above. Your voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
Three days of quality tuition with an experienced tutor. Maximum class size: 20
This craft course provider has been awarded Bronze status for receiving 1 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.