A fun, inspiring day for those who love collecting sea glass and want to incorporate it into wearable jewellery
Join Wendy from Island based Castaway Gems for a relaxing, creative day learning to wire wrap your own unique hand crafted sea glass pendants.
Using copper and silver plated non-tarnish round and square wires, learn which techniques work well with beautiful frosted pieces of sea glass.
This will be a fun, inspiring day for those who love collecting sea glass and want to incorporate it into wearable jewellery and be encouraged to take their ideas further.
What you will learn:
• 2 of the most suitable wire wraps for use with sea glass
• A variety of techniques using jewellery wrapping wire
• A guide to jewellery wires and tools for beginners and beyond
• Confidence and inspiration to take your ideas further
Who is the workshop for:
• Perfect for beginners or people with some experience of wire wrapping and jewellery making
Why not make a great weekend of it on the beautiful Isle of Wight .
Stay in a Tiny Home cabin and go sea-glass foraging!
Cancellation and a full refund can be obtained up to 4 weeks before the course starts. Start dates may be amended on request.
• All tools, pliers and materials required, all necessary wires and a choice of sea glass from a wide collection. Or bring your own treasured found pieces to wrap!
• You will also receive an 18” silver plated rope chain to hang your creations on.
• Refreshments and a light lunch
This craft course provider has been awarded Gold status for receiving 10 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.
6 hours (10:00am to 4:00pm)