Contact course provider
About the Course
Come and join Lynne Littler for this new and exciting workshop where you will create your own original masterpiece using chicken wire. Lynne will take you through the steps of working with chicken wire enabling you to create a 3D piece of art for your garden. The aim will be to create a life sized pig/piglet or a small garden bird; You can enjoy this wire sculpture workshop yourself or buy it as a gift. You might even like to organise the workshop as a group event for a special occasion.
In our Wire Sculpture Workshop you will:
- Discuss health and safety when sculpting with wire;
- Handle wire safely;
- Manipulate wire to create form/3D sculpture;
- Create a patina for your sculpture (if desired);
- Explore techniques that enable you to develop shape and characteristic features;
- Discuss the ways in which your wire sculpture should be cared for.
If booking with a CraftCourses voucher for part or all of the course fee, please fill in the contact form above or telephone us. Your voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
You will take home your finished wire sculpture to admire in your own garden or to gift to a special friend.
PLEASE BRING: Gardening gloves to protect your hands.
PLEASE WEAR: clothes that will not be snagged by wire.
The Rural Skills Centre will provide;
- All materials to make your wire sculpture.
- Tea/Coffee and homemade cake,
- Accessible facilities.
Review this course
Course Start DatesSunday 21st October 2018
Browse all UK Wire sculpture courses
- Disabled access
- Suitable for beginners