This course is open to all abilities. Teaching and support will be tailored to each individual's capabilities to create a large botanical acrylic painting!
Extra material, tasks and resources will be available and you will have the opportunity to dive as deep as you want.
In this course you will learn to paint with acrylics on a large scale to create a unique and colourful artwork. From the initial exploration of botanical shapes to investigating observational drawings of leaves, plants and flowers. Designing your own mood-board by collecting botanical details and colour palette to help you to visualise your large composition. Practicing brushes and strokes will give you the confidence to paint on a large scale and finalise your original artwork
Initially you will create the layout on A3 cartridge paper and later on you will transfer it onto a A1 stretched cotton canvas.
At the end of the course there will be the opportunity to display your best artworks in a collective art exhibition at Reveley Lodge.
- All material included
- All abilities welcome
- Safe and friendly atmosphere
- Maximum of 5 students per class
- One to one tutorial
- Optional final collective art exhibition
Eclectic artist currently based in the North of London. I studied art and worked as Interior Designer in Italy, where I’m from. After a summer course at Edinburgh College of Art, I continued to develop my artistic skills as a part-time student at Leith School of Art. I love architecture, large painting, illustration and portraits. Mixed media, bold colours, shapes and lines are defining my works.
Reveley Lodge, 88 Elstree Road, Bushey, WD23 4GL
Six morning classes starting on Tuesday 20th October. From 10.30 to 1pm.
Over 18 yr olds. All abilities welcome - just a playful desire to be creative!
What you should bring:
- Something to protect your clothes, it can be a little messy
- Recycled jars (2 or 3) to be used as water pots
- Some rags to clean your brushes
- Any favourite picture of a building, your house, cityscape etc…
- Smartphone or tablet to research images
Covid-19 safety measures:
- Sanitised desk area
- Hand sanitiser provided
- Face coverings ( mask or visor ) to be worn at all times
- Social distancing regulations will be observed (maximum of 6 people, including tutor)
- Any other measures required to comply with the latest Government regulations
If you will be redeeming a CraftCourses gift voucher on this course, the voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
All materials are included.
Tea and coffee are provided.
Limited parking on the premises