Learn to produce a small quilt inspired by a traditional 19th century Welsh design. We’ll be using local Welsh flannel fabrics woven at our local woollen mill, Melin Teifi.
You will have two days of professional quilting tuition with Lesley, learning techniques which will allow you to produce a small quilt approximately 80 centimeters square. The quilt is inspired by a traditional 19th century Welsh design. We’ll be providing Welsh flannel fabrics for the quilt woven at our local woollen mill, Melin Teifi. You will learn stitching techniques (machine and hand stitching) to complete your quilt.
What will each day involve?
• We’ll prepare our chosen fabric and cut out the pieces using a rotary cutter
• The quilt top will be machine stitched together to make piecing the quilt easier
• Lesley will demonstrate quick methods of creating a square in square and half-square triangles
• Borders will be added and finally the quilt top will be sandwiched for quilting
• Hand-quilting designs will be discussed and drawn on to the quilt top
• You will mark up your quilt and begin to hand quilt your design. There probably won’t be time to finish this during the day but you’ll be shown how to finish your quilt and add a hanging sleeve if you wish to display it as a piece of art.
Cancellation and a full refund can be obtained up to 4 weeks before the course starts. Start dates may be amended on request.
Two days of professional quilting tuition from Lesley Jenkins
• You need to have basic knowledge of how to use a sewing machine
• All materials required to make your quilt are included in the course fee
• A spacious work area is allocated to each student along with their own set of tools sewing machine to use
This craft course provider has been awarded Gold status for receiving 10 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.