If you would love a portrait in glass of your best buddy - before the course date email me a photograph of you dog and I can then produce a patten design for the course.
Day one is an important session as you will get the opportunity to learn or refresh the following techniques:
1. Pattern selection.
2. Glass selection.
3. Familiarisation with tools.
4. Cutting glass and familiarisation with different angles and styles of cutting.
5. Grinding cut glass edges
6. Preparing and cutting lead
You will focus on completion of piece to take home by
1. Understand leading method.
2. Assembling your pieces.
3. Preparing your piece for soldering
3. Use of soldering iron and solder.
4. Familiarisation with various chemicals i.e. flux and patinas.
6. Voila! your creation is ready to take home
If you will be redeeming a CraftCourses gift voucher on this course, the voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
Tea and coffee will be provided.
Lunch: There will be an hour's break for lunch. There are nearby cafes and chocolate shop or you can bring a packed lunch.
All Tools are provided - glass cutter, pliers, nails, hammers, etc...
All materials are included - glass, lead, solder, putty.
This craft course provider has been awarded Bronze status for receiving 1 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.
Please select available date: