About the Course
Hello and Welcome!
In this series of videos I invite you to join me in making an adorable needle felt sleeping dog from start to finish, with me instructing you exactly how I do it every step of the way.
There are no secrets here!
In each video I’m right there with you telling you what to do and guiding you step by step as we make a model of a Border Terrier together – which you can adapt to whatever breed of dog you like. You can also download the photos of the final model for guidance.
This series of tutorials is for you if …
* You are a complete beginner and are looking for a comprehensive and detailed series of tutorials that don’t keep the juicy tips of 'how to' a secret from you!
* You have ever wondered how I get the tricky and hard to achieve but much loved character into your very own felt dog models.
* You LOVE making needle felt dogs and are looking to take your work to the next level
* You have always wanted to attend one of my dog workshops, but live too far away
* Plus lots of other reasons this is for you!
Whether you are a complete beginner or a seasoned needle felt artist, I am here to help. It’s not difficult when you know how, and this series is full of my own tips and experience of YEARS of making detailed and lifelike needle felt dogs by commission that I want to share with you!
What to expect
* Here’s your chance to find out how I tackle 3D wire work in a REALLY EASY way so that your model can be positioned with confidence and will be sturdy and strong.
* Listen as I talk about body shaping and how to get a realistic shape to your model – what to do and what to avoid
* How to add ADORABLE character to faces
* Advice on choosing colours and layering wools to get the perfect mix and professional look to your work
* Advice on needles and what to use when
* Basically me talking you through EVERY STEP of my process so that you can complete your own model with confidence and be SUPER HAPPY with the result!
This a series of around FOUR HOURS of needle felting, but this is a time consuming craft and it’s worth EVERY minute.
To make this easier for you, I’ve broken the whole project up into manageable chunks for you to follow, and you can stop and start whenever you like. Additionally each chapter is labelled so you know exactly what to expect so you won't forget where you got to if you take a break.
These videos are here for you to enjoy and also help you get ahead and progress with this fantastic craft!
Click on 'View Website' button at top of page and you will be taken to the website where you can sign up to the tutorial and purchase.
The tutorial is available to you time and time again to watch and learn at your leisure.
If booking with a CraftCourses voucher for part or all of the course fee, please fill in the contact form above or telephone us. Your voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
Here's what to expect
- 14 videos
- 4 hours of felting broken down into manageable 'chapters'
- equipment list of needles & wools
- downloadable photos of the model to help you follow
- I'll be adding FREE content regularly, so once you have signed up you'll have lifetime access to great material
The tutorials are hosted by an independent Online Learning Platform which is simple, safe and easy to use.
You can view on your mobile devices too and needle felt on the go!
Course dates are flexible; please get in touch for the next available date.
This craft course provider has been awarded Platinum status for receiving 50 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.