Dreaming about making the perfect skirt but don’t know where to start? Want the freedom to choose your own skirt design?
Welcome to the Arkdefo skirts pattern design & tailoring online course.
Our course is user friendly, with easy to follow pre-recorded video lessons.
Explore your creative side. Grow your design skills as you learn the building blocks of skirt design.
Skirts designed by you and to fit you.
The skirts we demonstrate here are the designs that we created exclusively for the course. You don't have to make the same ones: course material will allow you to design skirts for YOUR style & taste. We will show you how to design and make these 12 skirts but you will learn to design DOZENS of various skirts, all made to measure for YOUR body!
Drafting a skirt pattern block based on your own measurements is the key to a well-fitted skirt
• Learn to take your measurements for a skirt
• Learn to draft a skirt block for your measurements
• Learn the principles of skirt construction
• Learn how to adjust the skirt pattern for a perfect fit
MAKING A MINI SKIRT
A timeless classic – a woollen mini skirt with lining or a modern take with a jersey fabric? You choose!
• Learn how to draft a pattern for a mini skirt
• Learn how to do a ladder stitch for darts
• Learn to make a lining for a skirt
• Learn how to attach a zip
• Learn how to make a skirt with lining
• Learn how to make a skirt with a waistband
• Learn how to make a pencil skirt with a slit
• Learn how to make skirts without lining & without waistbands
• Learn how to make a skirt with an elasticated waistband
• Learn how to calculate fabric stretch factor
• Learn how to design patterns for stretchy fabrics
Moving darts is the most fun part of skirt design. Open up for creativity!
• Learn dart manipulation
• Learn how to make a skirt with a yoke
• Learn how to design a yoke
• Learn how to create any pattern you want from the basic skirt block
SKIRTS WITH PLEATS
Skirts with pleats are always in fashion. Learn to design three different types of pleats.
• Learn to design skirts with inverted pleats
• Learn to design skirts with boxed pleats
• Learn to design skirts with knife pleats
• Learn to add patch pockets to a skirt
• Learn to design tweed skirts
• Learn to design skirts with multi-colour pleats
• Learn to design pleated tartan skirts
The pencil skirt is another classic: flattering and effortlessly chic!
• Learn to design a maxi pencil skirt
• Learn to design a skirt with a front slit & lining
• Learn to design a midi pencil skirt with a back slit and lining
• Learn to attach the lining to the slit
Wrap skirts create a beautiful visual effect and add more character to a skirt
• Learn to design a pattern for a wrap skirt
• Learn to make a tulip wrap skirt
• Learn to make hip pockets (set-in pockets)
CIRCULAR & EVENING SKIRTS
Simple classic reimagined
• Learn to design a full-sun skirt
• Learn to design a half-sun skirt
• Learn to design a double-sun skirt
• Learn to design a low-high hem circular skirt
• Learn to design and make in-seam pockets
• Learn to make a simple tutu skirt
• Learn more techniques of pattern manipulation
• Learn to "read" the ready-made skirts and design a pattern to make your own
Sewing machine, any paper & masking tape, tracing paper, rulers, scissors, tape measure, iron, pins, needles, threads, stitch unpicker
This course is taught online
This craft course provider has been awarded Silver status for receiving 5 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.
1000 items available