All of our online distance learning courses run as private Facebook groups. This is the only way you will be able to access the course materials. Please note that you will be added to the groups manually. You cannot download the courses yourself. After payment is received, we will send you an email with an invitation to join the private Facebook group.
The course will begin by showing you the full list of tools & materials that you will need to participate in the course. There will be full hands-on demonstrations with detailed descriptions every step of the way. You will be able to watch the video over and over again, pause & rewind as you go.
What We Will Cover
- Introduction to tools and equipment
- Preparation and handling of metal clay
- How to create a unique texture sheet for your ring band
- Forming a ring band onto the ring mandrel
- Creating metal clay bezel settings for fireable gemstones
- Drying times and temperatures
- Pre-fire refinement and dry polishing techniques
- Firing methods and procedures
- Soldering tube bezels
- Punch setting tiny gemstones
- Polishing & finishing
- Patina options
All the tools materials and equipment are detailed in the course notes file
This course is taught online
This craft course provider has been awarded Gold status for receiving 10 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.
20 items available