Create with Team Resin8! What could be sweeter than encasing delightfully delicate real flowers into pretty pendants? Designed for beginners, our Botanical Bijoux class offers a creative opportunity for those looking to learn how to make flower and botanical pendants. Perfect for learning how to craft for yourself, for gifts or for your new enterprise, learn with the best!
Spend the day crafting and finish the day feeling confident to carry on your epoxy resin jewellery making unguided. We keep our classes small to ensure everyone gets dedicated, thorough tuition so that all your resin questions are answered!
You will learn how to:
- Encase beautiful dried flowers in non-toxic resin to create gorgeous pieces of jewellery
- Work using a layering technique to capture flowers in open-backed pendants (using our famous Dam Tape)
- Create pendants with coloured resin backgrounds to show off individual flowers
- Fill silicone jewellery moulds to create frameless flower pendants
- Measure, mix and add colour to your resin
- Talk through the process of drying flowers specifically for use in resin
- Explore our resin pigments along with our natural mica powder (in over 50 lovely shades)
- Embellish your pieces using our eco-glitter and sparkles
- Achieve a perfect finish, removing any bubbles that appear
- Finishing techniques and adding findings to your creations to make them ready to wear
- Use tips, trade secrets and techniques
- Make use of leftover resin
If you have any interesting botanicals at home you would like to discuss during the workshop such as dried flowers, herbs, sparkles and gems, please free to bring them with you. It is not always possible to use them during the workshop, but discussion with such items may prove helpful for future planning of your new craft.
Remember to wear clothes that you don't mind getting messy and please ensure you have familiarised yourself with our full terms and conditions including cancellation policy before booking a place.
Accessibility: Please note that our studio is located up a flight of stairs.
Cancellation and a full refund can be obtained up to 2 weeks before the course starts. Start dates may be amended on request.
We will show you how to create your very own botanical resin pendants without using expensive or sophisticated equipment, and in this 6 hour workshop you will make at least 10 pendants.
- All materials required (resin, pigments, mixing tools, PPE, substrates, etc)
- The chance to explore and try out every Resin8 pigment, mica powder and glitter
- Open and closed-back pendant bezels (silver and gold-plated)
- Silicone mould and fittings
- An exclusive discount to spend on Resin8 goodies (to be used on the day of the workshop)
- Tea, coffee and plenty of biscuits, please bring your own packed lunch with you
- The pleasure of spending 6 hours with us ... why not learn from the best?!
6 hours (10:00am to 4:00pm)
This craft course provider has been awarded Gold status for receiving 10 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.