Have fun turning old t-shirts and forgotten favourites into recycled works of art with the age-old skill of rag rugging. In this half day class you will learn all the skills you will need to be able to make unique rag rugs, cushions and art to spice up your home. Careful though, it’s addictive!
In this workshop you will learn all the rag rug basics – how to use the rag rug equipment, how to select and prepare materials and how to do the two types of rag rugging (loopy and shaggy). You will be provided with all the materials you need on the day (including a latch hook to take home).
Part of the charm of rag rugging is often in the memories attached to old clothes, you're welcome to bring along any of your own clothing you’d like to incorporate, particularly if you have clothing with sentimental value that you'd like to use.
This class is suitable for all levels but do not hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions.
WHAT COVID-19 PRECAUTIONS WILL BE IN PLACE?
We’re determined to make the rag rug classes as fun and seamless as possible. We will however have some extra precautions in place to make sure everyone stays safe:
- The class will be capped to ensure we observe social distancing
- All the rag rug tools will be disinfected before the workshop and at the end of the workshop.
- Everyone will be asked to disinfect their hands upon arriving at the workshop and leaving.
- Teas, coffees and refreshments will be provided as usual, but we’ll be using single-use compostable cups, or please bring along your own reusable one.
- If you would like to buy any rag rug tools at the end of the workshop, we will only be taking card payments (we have an iZettle card machine).
Cancellation and a full refund can be obtained up to 2 weeks before the course starts. Start dates may be amended on request.
This class includes everything you need for your rag rug project. You'll be provided with tea, coffee and biscuits throughout the class. Also included is a free rag rug latch hook to take home with you.
This craft course provider has been awarded Platinum status for receiving 50 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.