Our Punch Card Knitting Class will teach you how to use punch cards with your knitting machine and experiment with various punch card techniques to create beautiful designs with textured patterns.
You will learn how to:
- Knit with more challenging techniques
- Set up punch cards and learn how to use the various punch card functions on the knitting machine to knit, tuck, slip, weaving-in and fair isle designs
- Experiment with pre-punched cards to create texture in your work
- Create your own freehand punch card design
We teach on the following domestic knitting machines: Brother Domestic Knitting Machines, Model KH836 & KH881.
At the end of the class, you’ll have a collection of experimental punch card swatches which can be developed further into your design ideas for fashion, interiors and accessories.
About the Knithub 24 Experience:
- Learn 'live' and online, from the comfort of your home
- Fun and upbeat classes!
- Train with highly-qualified tutors
- Learn some amazing machine knitting techniques and ask questions directly to the tutor
- Troubleshoot any problems you've encountered
- All class times are quoted at BST
Suitable for: Knitters who have completed our Beginner’s Class or who already have a basic understanding of machine knitting skills and who want to expand their knowledge.
How to Book: Please book your place using the 'See Available Dates' button above. Please book early to avoid disappointment! Once you have booked and paid for your class, you will receive a unique link along with all the relevant details you will need to join ‘Live’ on the day. Don’t forget to save the Live Online Class dates to your calendar! Happy Knitting!
Knithub 24 also runs hand knitting, crochet and macrame classes online. Click on 'See more from this course organiser' below, to find out what we do.
We look forward to seeing you!
Cancellation and a full refund can be obtained up to 2 weeks before the course starts. Start dates may be amended on request.
Yarns, Tools and Technical Notes: A domestic knitting machine, two cones of different coloured yarns (in different thicknesses – fine to chunky), claw weights, single and double point transfer tools, scissors, a set of pre punched cards for tuck, slip, fair isle and weaving-in patterns, blank punch cards, punch card clips and a puncher. A set of ‘how to’ notes will be emailed to you before the class.
This course is taught online
This craft course provider has been awarded Gold status for receiving 10 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.