On this workshop, you will make your own printing blocks, to add narrative and colour to your sketchbooks! You will make stamps and print blocks based upon a mood-board of ideas. You will print onto various papers. You will end the course with ideas for building exciting multi-layered drawings and sketchbooks.
What you will learn on this course:
- How to make a moodboard
- Turning ideas into marks
- Simplifying motifs
- Pattern making
- Shape based drawing skills
- Working on a theme
- Layering techniques
- Finding your creative flow
- Adding pattern and joy to your sketchbook
I've planned the content to give you a full weekend of creativity or you can spread it over a few evenings.
Materials you will need for the class:
- magazines or photos
- pencils or pens to draw with
- plain and coloured papers/book papers/repurposed papers
- lino-cutting tool (or scalpel but the tool is easier to use)
- ink pads (I use Tim Holtz distress inks)
- 6-8 erasers
- craft foam
- card (like mountboard or similar)
This course is taught online
This craft course provider has been awarded Gold status for receiving 10 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.
30 items available