Course Provider: Touch the Earth Wholefoods
Contact Name: Georgina Richardson
Telephone: 01433 623261
The Old Winery
Mam Tor House
Course Length: 5-6 hours
0 star rating, 0 reviewers.
Whether you are an experienced runner, cyclist or triathlete considering the benefits of a plant-based diet or a vegetarian/vegan who is looking to step up to new distances and challenges in the sport of your choice, this course will give you the confidence to try new foods which will benefit your performance and overall health. More and more endurance athletes are discovering how a plant-based wholefoods diet can increase their longevity in their sport through improved recovery.
This course will be led by Ishmael Burdeau, former elite cyclist turned ultra cyclist and ultra runner who has competed in such events as The 2,200 mile Transcontinental Cycle Race and the 268 mile winter trail running event, The Spine Race. On the course Ishmael will work with Georgina Richardson, an experienced macrobiotic chef and part-time ultra runner to guide you through a range of questions around the complex subject of sports nutrition for plant-based athletes.
Here's a selection of the things which will be covered on the day:
* A short history of sports nutrition and where we are today
* Plant-based protein sources
* Understanding the importance of alkaline and acid on the human body
* Eating for growth and recovery
* How to improve endurance by moving from a high carbohydrate diet to a low carbohydrate one
* Pre and post event foods
* Choosing and preparing homemade and commercial sports foods
* Eating for 24 hour or multi-day ultra events
What's included in the price?
All course materials. Tea, snacks and a delicious and nutritious freshly cooked lunch. Printed recipes.