This is a practical and hands-on course where you will learn how to make a leather belt using only traditional handcrafting techniques. You will be using vegetable tanned leather in Black or Tan.
The workshop focuses on:
- Becoming competent at using many of the leather worker’s hand tools.
- Learning how to saddle stitch with the aid of a saddlers clam.
- Understanding the process of preparing the leather for hand stitching.
- Gaining a thorough understanding of the qualities and sections of the leather.
- Mastering the technique of preparing a thread.
- Maintenance and care of leather.
- Developing a professional edge finishing technique.
- Maintenance of saddlery tools.
Running time: 3 Hours
A Craft Kit with a set of tools, leather and fittings are sent to you in advance. The Tools are yours to keep after the workshop.
Please contact me to make your choice between 'Tan' or 'Black' vegetable tanned leather.
You will need a stable work surface.
This course is taught online
This craft course provider has been awarded Gold status for receiving 10 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.