My award winning soap making course is now available live online.
This course has exactly the same content as my highly rated classroom course. Check out my course reviews - rated EXCELLENT by over 200 students.
If you are interested in making beautiful handmade soap from delicious natural ingredients then this course is for you.
Using the traditional method of soap making you will make 2 batches of soap (enough for a years supply). All the soaps we will make are palm oil free and vegan friendly.
• Introduction, brief history and basic chemistry of soap making
• Oils and their properties
• How to use a soap calculator to formulate your own recipes
• Essential oil basics
• Natural colour options
• Soap making demo followed by soap making sessions (am and pm)
• LIVE online tuition from the comfort of your own home!
• Learn cold process soap making with an Award winning soap maker
• Platinum Students Choice Award - rated Excellent by over 200 students
• Course handout includes basic recipe, soap calculator example and step-by-step soap making instructions
Please book your place online using the view website button above. Places are limited so please book early. Important: please allow time for your kit to be posted out.
I also offer a business course, for those who wish to start their own soap and/or cosmetics business. Please click on the "More courses run at this centre" link below to see my range of courses and my student reviews.
If you will be redeeming a CraftCourses gift voucher on this course, the voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
You will be sent the following:
• A soap making ingredients kit (retail value £20) by post to UK addresses only (you will need to add sunflower oil, olive oil, filtered water).
• A meeting link to join my course - all you will need is a computer, tablet or smartphone - with an internet connection.
• A comprehensive course hand-out which includes a basic recipe with step-by-step soap making instructions and instructions on how to use a soap calculator to formulate your own recipes, recommended suppliers plus plenty of soap making tips and tricks.
• A list of the equipment that you will need to make soap!
Fantastic session! The ingredient pack arrived in plenty of time, Ruth made me feel at ease from the start. She gave easy to understand, step by step and clear instruction to assist learning at everyones individual pace. The session was an excellent combination and balance of practical and theoretical information. Lots of clear guidance on things like using a soap cal, plenty of hints and tips for ongoing experimentation and all questions answered informatively. The most important thing for me was to have a clear understanding and confidence around using the dreaded Lye, which was achieved and the fear has now gone with the session covering safety aspects of this. Definitely worth the fee, would highly recommend and book other courses with Ruth. Thank you for an enjoyable online session :)
Thanks very much Yvonne. I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed my course. It was a pleasure to meet and make soap with you! :)
I am a complete newbie to soap making. I really enjoyed this course and am inspired to make more soap and experiment! The course content is a good balance between chemistry, history and practical, hands on work. I was slightly apprehensive about the lye/caustic content, but Ruth explained the process so well that it was easy and safe to use.
The online set up worked really well too - it was as if Ruth and the other student were in my kitchen!